Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1621 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Scammers in the Marketplace

Thread title: Scammers in the Marketplace
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
05-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old  Scammers in the Marketplace

It has been brought to my attention by Bennett, that there are a number of persistent "scammers" in the marketplace, who are continuing to scam further members because people with complaints over their services are not giving negative iTrader feedback - and therefore not letting other people know they are dealing with a dubious supplier.

Bennett has advised he is currently dealing with 3 such complaints, yet the people who have got the complaints still have not given these scammers negative feedback.

I would urge anyone who has had a current of past complaint to use the iTrader system to give some negative feedback and include the URL to the initial thread for the work that resulted in the complaint, which full details of the issues you have had.

From now on the staff will not deal with marketplace complaints unless the user has properly used the iTrader system to provide these details. It is there to help all members and weed out dubious suppliers - so please make sure you use it to provide both positive and negative feedback.

I would also point out the obvious here in that you should always check the previous history with anyone you deal with - we will have very little sympathy with anyone who contacts us with a complaint when they have dealt with a supplier that has a clearly visible history of dubious behaviour.

05-13-2007, 08:59 PM
allstar is offline allstar
Software:

allstar is on a distinguished road

Old

Maybe they are afraid of the neg itrader back after the deal is done. On a few other forums in the past when i gave a neg itrader. I got the same back and it was not my fault and the forum moderators did not care to take it away. The other party lied too in the comment that was left for it.

Would your Moderators and Administrators like to add on to their duties to help solve disputes of bad itrader gave? For instance someone did a really bad job for me. I give them a neg itrader. Then in return they give me a bad itrader making up some complete lie about it. "I did not pay", "I changed the original agreement to the extend I backed out of the deal", "Very Stupid Person to work for, always argues about <insert blank>", "The guy never fully explained it to me, it was not my fault that I couldn't code a CMS by the time I understood what they wanted, they just flew off the handle that I did not do it for them.". Your moderators would have to deal with the disputes. Would you let your moderators decide which person is telling the truth and take way the person's neg itrader and possibly ban a person that is telling the truth, because it looks they are guilty?

Also, a person with neg itrader, Couldn't they start a new forum profile with 0 itrader and get around it? I personally don't do it, but I have seen it done in the past. Where someone joins a forum sells a bunch of fake stuff, gets banned red rep'd, and neg itrader, joins under another name and does the same thing.

Please, don't misunderstand the itrader rating is a great system and will be an excellent judge of characters on the forum for others to use. I just want to offer a different point of view of why no neg itrader was left.

05-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

who is we?

05-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Software:

Old

There are some good points there - however people should no be afraid of giving bad feedback because of this. As staff we will try to moderate all Itrader systems and will dish out some serious punishment to anyone giving false info

05-13-2007, 10:04 PM
ChrisM is offline ChrisM
Expertise:
Software:

ChrisM is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to ChrisM

Old

Argh, there's always guna be people scamming Get rid of them! Thanks for the update Big Zee!

05-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by allstar View Post
Also, a person with neg itrader, Couldn't they start a new forum profile with 0 itrader and get around it? I personally don't do it, but I have seen it done in the past. Where someone joins a forum sells a bunch of fake stuff, gets banned red rep'd, and neg itrader, joins under another name and does the same thing.

This is also a good point - however, its not to difficult for us to detect this, and also I would point out that buyers should be very wary of people who have no history - as you say it could be someone who has been previously banned and come back under another alias.

05-15-2007, 12:39 PM
smokingkills is offline smokingkills
Software:

smokingkills is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for the info. Didn't know what iTrader was so have never used it and see others haven't given me negative or positive feedback so they may not know it's there either.

Maybe it should be mentioned in the market place guidelines?

05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by smokingkills View Post
Thanks for the info. Didn't know what iTrader was so have never used it and see others haven't given me negative or positive feedback so they may not know it's there either.

Maybe it should be mentioned in the market place guidelines?
I agree it should be mentioned it the guidelines.

If you have done business in the marketplace it is always worth asking whoever you have delt with to give you some feedback as it will help you deal with further buyers/sellers.

05-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Cooleo is offline Cooleo
Expertise:
Software:

Cooleo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Cooleo

Old

I think a good mod to make to the itrader system is to only allow people with positive reps to give other people rep, that way the scammers cant leave bad rep to the honest people.

If you like the idea and want it done / maybe with an option to turn it off, i'd be more than happy to help.

05-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Leox is offline Leox
Software:

Leox is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Leox Send a message via Yahoo to Leox

Old

I ahte scammers. Worst thing I know.
Wish all of them could stop :/
Hope the newbs get banned from the forum as fast as you guys know about them

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >