Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 739 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Underaged Paypalers.

Thread title: Underaged Paypalers.
Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
12-08-2005, 02:09 AM
Dray is offline Dray
Expertise:
Software:

Dray is on a distinguished road

Old

Im 17 and i have a Bank of America account with a debit card which counts as a "visa" too I got it when i was 15. All they needed was 2 valid IDs (California ID and School ID) I'v been using that since I can't wait to turn 18 and get credit cards tho :P

12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

To whoever it was that said they felt discriminated against ....

In the US, the reason is that most minors can't be legally held responsible for their financial actions. In most places in the US, the financial responsibility kicks in at 16, but in others 18. Since PayPal serves all of those locations, including internationally, they need to abide by whatever rules protect them in the majority of places. It's why most business owners (at least those that know the law) won't allow anyone under 16 to run a cash register ... if money's missing, they can't hold them responsible w/o full proof they stole it. It's also because in the US, no one under 18 can legally enter into any contract agreement (unless this is 16 in some areas too now). Therefore, PayPal can't enforce a contract if they make it with a minor. Of course, if you lied .... Basically, it's based on laws beyond their control, and for their (and everyone's) protection in the long run.

Closed Thread  
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5