Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 763 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Google stock is amazing

Thread title: Google stock is amazing
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
11-08-2005, 11:55 AM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

Lord Kalthorn you are one confusing character...It's just you seem to refer to linux users (people committed to the propagation of free software who work solely for the good of mankind basically) and capitalists (people mostly committed to making more money for themselves) alike as 'Pig-Dogs'....

11-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Originally Posted by jono1
Lord Kalthorn you are one confusing character...It's just you seem to refer to linux users (people committed to the propagation of free software who work solely for the good of mankind basically) and capitalists (people mostly committed to making more money for themselves) alike as 'Pig-Dogs'....
Ah; but they are two different types of pig-dogs I don't think Linux users work solely for the good of mankind either; firsly of course because their work does not benefit mankind, secondly because people only work on Open-Source for their own good. Either because of some vague anarchistic political belief that nobody should control anything, or because they cannot get a job as a proper Developer. Eitherway, they work purely for themselves.

11-08-2005, 12:31 PM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

that's a very big generalisation to make.

11-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Not really, they would not work in Open-Source if they did not feel that nobody should control anything, the very basis of Open-Source is so that nobody controls anything; any hooch drinking rat infested Linux-Folk will tell you this. You can benefit mankind just as well making proper software, you don't have to charge for proper software. It can still be free. Of course if they do want to be developers, don't have much talent (cannot think of something to produce themselves) and cannot get a job on a proper software company who would tell them what to do so they don't have to think of ideas at all; then they have to work on Open Source or not be a Developer.

11-08-2005, 04:19 PM
bgolat is offline bgolat
Software:

bgolat is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to bgolat Send a message via AIM to bgolat Send a message via Yahoo to bgolat

Old

heh yea i have a couple shares of google stock all i could afford haha

11-08-2005, 05:41 PM
eravedesigns is offline eravedesigns
Software:

eravedesigns is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to eravedesigns

Old

Lord katlthron what experience do you have with the stock market? have you ever traded? If not how can you speak like this about something that you have never experienced. Have you ever studied investing and the stockmarket?

11-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Jonny is offline Jonny
Expertise:
Software:

Jonny is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Ah; but they are two different types of pig-dogs I don't think Linux users work solely for the good of mankind either; firsly of course because their work does not benefit mankind, secondly because people only work on Open-Source for their own good.
Oh they don't do they? You know this forum? It uses vBulletin which happens to be using an open source database software called mysql.

Maybe if there was only your beloved Microsoft's MSSQL software which you have to pay for vBulletin wouldn't have been created.

Also Apache, another open source piece of software which millions of webservers run, was created just for the developers own good?

11-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jonny
Oh they don't do they? You know this forum? It uses vBulletin which happens to be using an open source database software called mysql.

Maybe if there was only your beloved Microsoft's MSSQL software which you have to pay for vBulletin wouldn't have been created.

Also Apache, another open source piece of software which millions of webservers run, was created just for the developers own good?
Hmmm... I don't think so some how. Firstly of course because there are a great number of Forums that do take advantage of MSSQL (vBulletin does now too if you want it to). Forums were designed before MySQL, they would have existed without it. Whether vBulletin would have I do not know, if you're going to get rid of MySQL you'd have to get rid of PHP, and you have to wonder then if there could have been an ASP vBulletin? Probably, it is impossible to tell. Ask Kier. The cost of the Database would no inhibit the use of Forums, Hosting services with a shared MSSQL Database Server are generally only a pound or so more than hosting with MySQL, and that includes it being a Windows Server.

As for Apache, it is a big question that if you took apache out of the question what would happen... who knows. Apache goes back that far that it is impossible to tell. Was it created just for the developers' own good? Quite probably. It would have been written not as a release server, it would have been written as a server for use on a server. The developers' own good would have been on creating that server. Now of course it is different, and developers develop Apache either to make it better because they have the mindset that nobody should control anything, or to develop. Both are for the developer primarily, although you could argue that secondarily they help people.

Originally Posted by animalcrackerb0x
Lord katlthron what experience do you have with the stock market? have you ever traded? If not how can you speak like this about something that you have never experienced. Have you ever studied investing and the stockmarket?
Hmm... well I watched the BBC's Business program a few weeks ago. On there I saw some graphs from the stock market. That is the full extent. I am not dealing with the stock market or its technicalities. I have no intention to study economics either. I was talking about, and dealing in, the honour of a system that allows people to purchase parts of a company and make money off the talent of others without doing anything and without any particular talent. That purely, which is what I was talking about, it so dreadfully wrong.

11-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Corporate Debentures beat stock any day of the week.

11-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Lol, that is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Stock is bad enough, but Depentures! Not only do you use the talent of others to make money, but there's a middle man who not only manages to make money from other people's talent without having any himself, but he manages to do it without putting anything into society to get the money to do it! He uses other people's money and other people's talent to make money.

Is there no end to the shame?

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >