Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1427 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

TFer... Stole my content

Thread title: TFer... Stole my content
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
08-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Ferrarislave is offline Ferrarislave
Expertise:
Software:

Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road

Old

It's not my site anymore. I told you that...

Contact them using the contact form. I am not going to give out any information, because that’s none of my business....

From what it looks like your site is not even up... You also had many posts on other forums linking to your domain with a directory full of the layouts you supposedly claim are yours.

Also, please realize that you are infringing on copyrights yourself. You used images that are copyrighted by their original owners (g-unit, aftermath, and their respective trademark holders) So you are just as guilty as every other myspace site currently making layouts from images they are finding online.

That’s my reply; I will no longer reply to the blatant lies in this tread.

08-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Nica is offline Nica
Software:

Nica is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Nica Send a message via MSN to Nica Send a message via Yahoo to Nica

Old

There are no lies in this thread... you obviously put those on the site because you talked to me on AIM once and I SHOWED you them.

I only posted the link to them at ClanTemplates, you even told me you saw them.

How would the new owners get their hands on them? It makes no sense. Even your MySpace says you own PimpMaSpace.com

The copyrights im infringing are not as serious as you stealing mine and my designer's work and claiming iat as your own to monetize your site...

08-07-2006, 01:45 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Nica
The copyrights im infringing are not as serious as you stealing mine and my designer's work and claiming iat as your own to monetize your site...
Why do you say that? You're making money off of them. He's making money off of you. Seems to even out. I think you should be a little hush hush and get over it.

08-07-2006, 02:06 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

This whole thread is a redundant pile. You are upset because you 'think' this guy stole from you, but you are using images that are copyright their original authors.

Your situation is hardly any different than that of the moron I read about in last weeks paper... This guy stole a car, and the next morning he awoke to find someone had stolen the car from him. So he went to the police, explained the situation, and was promptly arrested for car theft.

You post a thread here full of derogatory and inflammatory comments, and expect people to side with you.

Then you have an MSN conversation with this guy, and barely even manage to make a decent statement of what the problem is.

If you want to make money online, try doing it in a respectable fashion.

08-07-2006, 02:27 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by chrislittell
Your situation is hardly any different than that of the moron I read about in last weeks paper... This guy stole a car, and the next morning he awoke to find someone had stolen the car from him. So he went to the police, explained the situation, and was promptly arrested for car theft.
Haha sorry, but this made my day!

08-07-2006, 03:58 AM
Nica is offline Nica
Software:

Nica is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Nica Send a message via MSN to Nica Send a message via Yahoo to Nica

Old

Those backgrounds were CUSTOM MADE from cut outs from sites like http://www.OfficialPSDs.com .

They are scans that are not bothering anyone, it can classify as fan art. The labels don't care about it.

I don't know why you guys try to turn the table on this, but I found out how to solve the problem and whoever the owner is will be sorry...

You guys would be mad too if you paid 10-15$ per MySpace layout (which are all custom except for the artist cutouts) and had your site's name on them and then suddenly have them stolen and on someones site while he makes money off of something you invested alot into.

I myself made some of them and I can't find how it is right for him to take something I spent my time on and claim its his, WHILE he makes money off of it.

Why do you say that? You're making money off of them. He's making money off of you. Seems to even out. I think you should be a little hush hush and get over it.
Do you understand that they are not fan art or anything else found on sites? I have made no money off of them yet, but I did PAY for them to be custom made... They are cut outs with a full design around em to look good as a myspace layout... which I paid to have designed. They are NOT something you can just take and claim as your own and put on your site to get more visitors and more money, specially when you replace the site's link with yours over it. Its MINE...

08-07-2006, 04:46 AM
GMFlash is offline GMFlash
Software:

GMFlash is on a distinguished road

Old

You have been reported to the RIAA for the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted content owned by the respective record labels and the intent to make money off of stolen goods. Expect to hear from their lawyers shortly.

I have also notified News Corp of your infringing use of their trademark, MySpace, in your domain MySpaceStop.com.
Originally Posted by Nica
They are scans that are not bothering anyone, it can classify as fan art. The labels don't care about it.

Do you understand that they are not fan art or anything else found on sites? I have made no money off of them yet, but I did PAY for them to be custom made... They are cut outs with a full design around em to look good as a myspace layout... which I paid to have designed. They are NOT something you can just take and claim as your own and put on your site to get more visitors and more money, specially when you replace the site's link with yours over it. Its MINE...

08-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Thread closed.

Stop the fighting guys. Sort it out through PM's Nica, especially now that you know who is involved.

Also remember the saying "people who live in glasshouses should not throw stones"?

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3