Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1682 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

SEO's

Thread title: SEO's
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
08-03-2011, 06:43 PM
biniar is offline biniar
Expertise:
Software:

biniar is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to biniar Send a message via AIM to biniar Send a message via MSN to biniar Send a message via Yahoo to biniar Send a message via Skype™ to biniar

Old

SEO is a good thing to be aware of, reevaluating your products might also be something to consider as well. When ordering your domain, the longer you renew it for the better Google likes your domain basically. Where as so many domains expire after the first year or two. If you purchase a domain for ten years or longer this demonstrates to Google you are serious about it hence getting better rankings.

08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by biniar View Post
SEO is a good thing to be aware of, reevaluating your products might also be something to consider as well. When ordering your domain, the longer you renew it for the better Google likes your domain basically. Where as so many domains expire after the first year or two. If you purchase a domain for ten years or longer this demonstrates to Google you are serious about it hence getting better rankings.

That is a very interesting perspective that I have never thought about. Obviously, I think that Google appreciates older domains, but I am not sure they are able to monitor that data at time of registration. Also, I rarely myself renew for longer than 1 year (in rare instances I'd go for a 2-year term), just to control the yearly domain expenses. That doesn't mean the domains themselves are young - some of them are 10+ years old. Do you think this is a factor?

08-04-2011, 02:23 AM
JRayers is offline JRayers
Software:

JRayers is on a distinguished road

Old

That is actually a pretty interesting thought. Certainly domain expiry dates are easily available through Whois, and if anybody has the capability to do queries on a mass scale it would be Google.

In reality I can only imagine that the length of time that a domain has been registered is a much more valuable attribute than the length of time it will be registered. Even if a domain is registered for 10 years in advance I'm sure the Google engineers would be aware that not all such domains will provide valuable content. While it's not impossible they might give some weight to these advance-registered domains I suspect it has a non-existent or negligible effect in the overall algorithm.

Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
That is a very interesting perspective that I have never thought about. Obviously, I think that Google appreciates older domains, but I am not sure they are able to monitor that data at time of registration. Also, I rarely myself renew for longer than 1 year (in rare instances I'd go for a 2-year term), just to control the yearly domain expenses. That doesn't mean the domains themselves are young - some of them are 10+ years old. Do you think this is a factor?

08-08-2011, 04:19 AM
hazelnice is offline hazelnice
Software:

hazelnice is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
How effective do you think SEO's and keywords really are in marketing. Most people seem to swear by their effectiveness in increasing traffic. What say you?
Yes they are.
Once an optimizer swears to increase traffic to your site, they're really mean it. And it takes time to do SEO, link building is not a easy task.

04-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Source Media is offline Source Media
Expertise: SEO and Internet Marketing
Software:

Source Media is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for the post. SEO is one way of putting your page on top. Being on top of the page really benefit specially for businesses online.

08-01-2012, 01:14 PM
FreelanceScribbler is offline FreelanceScribbler
Expertise: SEO, Copywriting
Software: Excel, Notepad, Photoshop

FreelanceScribbler is on a distinguished road

Old

The most successful SEO is when on page optimisation, link building, keywords and marketing are all used together properly.

You guys heard of Dollar Razor Club?
They had an amazing pitch video which went viral and got them untold thousands of links.

But their home page wasn't optimised and they didn't include any keyword links in their press releases.

As a result they don't rank 1st for Razors. But they could have!

All they needed was just a little bit of SEO.

08-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Freelance SEO Essex is offline Freelance SEO Essex
Expertise: SEO
Software:

Freelance SEO Essex is on a distinguished road

Old

SEO is a crucial part of the success of any online enterprise. But it's important to remember that the practice is constantly changing and evolving, so many of the techniques previously sworn by in previous years are totally defunct since Google et al have rolled out numerous high-impact algorithm updates. A lot of SEO agencies and freelancers aren't prepared to keep up with all these changes and so their work will be less effective (and often even detrimental to your promotional campaign). Invest in the right SEO approach and the sky really is the limit.

09-07-2012, 09:33 AM
nilahroy is offline nilahroy
Expertise:
Software:

nilahroy is on a distinguished road

Old

SEO can increase the number of visitors for your website for the targeted keyword(s) or phrase

Once a website has been optimised, it will increase the visibility of your website in search engines

An effective SEO campaign can bring a higher return on your investment than any other type of marketing for your company.

09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
lanotdesign is offline lanotdesign
Expertise: Webdesign
Software: Photoshop cs4

lanotdesign is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to lanotdesign Send a message via Skype™ to lanotdesign

Old

Very important indeed. it can make the content of your web pages more relevant, more attractive, and more easily read by search engines and their crawling and indexing software.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3