Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1135 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Please share your opinions.

Thread title: Please share your opinions.
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
03-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

Originally Posted by rasberry
I learned alot from Nik, and I got a book today.
He's helped me start off and learn how to impliment and basically use divs. I really just started, truely, last night... So I'm sorry Andy, but you didn't teach me a thing - And I'm not going to pay. I offered to pay if you went and explained further, but you declined.

I agree with Paul, no need to share our discussion because frankly, who cares?
Who shared it? You asked for opinions, the thread I had planned had no intentions of getting opinions.

And no you haven't learnt anything. I asked 2 simple questions, you answered them both wrong. To make a horizontal navigation using a list (how we both taught you) you didn't use any ul tags or tell the list items to be inline or float left. You also started going on about header 1 tags, clearly Nick gave you a chunk of code.

Also I asked you about the code you wrote, asking why the top navi is part way down the coding. You couldn't answer this, the answer was because it was on the right collumn and the left was first in order.

Stop your bull**** mate, you know you still know nothing. Also you asked for code snippets, when I gave it bit by bit for you to read easily and harder for 1 big copy and paste you then asked for it all together.
CHECK THE CHAT FILE.

03-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Nirvana- is offline Nirvana-
Expertise:
Software:

Nirvana- is on a distinguished road

Old

Guys, seriously, what is this accomplishing? Absolutely nothing. If you can't settle this dispute maturely between yourselves, try getting a respected member, or mod to do some peer mediation between you two.

Posting a bunch of back-and-forth nonsense to each other isn't going to get you your $25 any quicker, or your knowledge of css and xhtml.

Now, whoever is right or wrong, I don't know. I simply don't have the time to go through what everybody has said, so just dispute this in a civil fashion, privately.

03-31-2006, 01:11 AM
rasberry is offline rasberry
Expertise:
Software:

rasberry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rasberry

Old

Originally Posted by Nirvana-
Guys, seriously, what is this accomplishing? Absolutely nothing. If you can't settle this dispute maturely between yourselves, try getting a respected member, or mod to do some peer mediation between you two.

Posting a bunch of back-and-forth nonsense to each other isn't going to get you your $25 any quicker, or your knowledge of css and xhtml.

Now, whoever is right or wrong, I don't know. I simply don't have the time to go through what everybody has said, so just dispute this in a civil fashion, privately.
That's exactly what I meant VIZ.

And I have learned alot from Nik, you're just too anxious to get your hands on $25 to accept it.

03-31-2006, 01:38 AM
freedom is offline freedom
Expertise:
Software:

freedom is on a distinguished road

Old

All this for a measly $25.

03-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by freedom
All this for a measly $25.
Fancy sending the measly $25, will make us both happy.

03-31-2006, 04:18 PM
resolva is offline resolva
Software:

resolva is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to resolva

Old

I personally think you should pay. Even though you said you would pay him for teaching you, he did spend an hour on it. If you go to a private tutor for example and you don't learn anything in that 1 hour you still have to pay them. It doesnt matter if you didn't learn anything. Send him the money and get it over and done with.

03-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by resolva
I personally think you should pay. Even though you said you would pay him for teaching you, he did spend an hour on it. If you go to a private tutor for example and you don't learn anything in that 1 hour you still have to pay them. It doesnt matter if you didn't learn anything. Send him the money and get it over and done with.
Thanks you.

I still have my arguements.

1.) Does it really take over 1 hour to realise you didn't learn anything? (he said it once I said time up etc)

2.) He still doesn't know anything past what we went over.

3.) He did learn something, he learnt how to style an id, apply a style to divide, apply a style to an item within an item, put an item within an item and more.

4.) He asked for copy and paste - when I went through each bit of code saying why he needed it he then asked for it all as once so he could copy and paste.

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4