Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 557 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Browsers and Operating Systems :

Windows Vista anyone?

Thread title: Windows Vista anyone?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
01-31-2007, 04:25 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

How is that putting words in peoples' mouths? He is simple reiterating the fact that Vista has extensive DRM and isn't worth the money or the frustration.

02-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

I think I'm going to skip Vista altogether. I'll probably wait for Vienna to come in late 2009 (I know that is a pretty loose release date but I think I can still manage to get by with XP if they decide to delay Vienna)

02-13-2007, 11:53 AM
serverx is offline serverx
Software:

serverx is on a distinguished road

Old

im using vista only on my notebook, seems good and stable...

02-15-2007, 02:06 AM
luis_mx is offline luis_mx
Expertise:
Software:

luis_mx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to luis_mx

Old

I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit and XP x64, I like vista's way of organizing media, etc, but games aren't just as smooth as they are on x64, dualboot ftw.

02-15-2007, 02:23 AM
jono1 is offline jono1
Expertise:
Software:

jono1 is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm just curious - anyone who's bagging out Vista, have you *actually* tried it yet? I've been using it (the RC1 pre-release) since early september and I have never run into any problems with DRM - Windows Media Player plays the TV shows I get from the net just as well as VLC does, and iTunes plays my ripped CDs as well as music bought from the iTunes Store perfectly. It runs faster on my machine than XP ever did, it's a heck of a lot more stable, and old problems like networking with printers (not to mention other computers) just disappear.

Plus, once you've used the Start menu-based instant search, trust me, you will *never* want to go back to XP. Not to mention the process-level volume control, system clocks for up to three timezones, Vista Media Center...

02-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Cole is offline Cole
Software:

Cole is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jono1 View Post
I'm just curious - anyone who's bagging out Vista, have you *actually* tried it yet? I've been using it (the RC1 pre-release) since early september and I have never run into any problems with DRM - Windows Media Player plays the TV shows I get from the net just as well as VLC does, and iTunes plays my ripped CDs as well as music bought from the iTunes Store perfectly. It runs faster on my machine than XP ever did, it's a heck of a lot more stable, and old problems like networking with printers (not to mention other computers) just disappear.

Plus, once you've used the Start menu-based instant search, trust me, you will *never* want to go back to XP. Not to mention the process-level volume control, system clocks for up to three timezones, Vista Media Center...
I would upgrade if it's free. But, my next operating system upgrade will be a total switch over to OSX (new computer).

02-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Dream is offline Dream
Expertise:
Software:

Dream is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Old

Im sticking with XP for a few years, until a few service packs come out for Vista. And they fix all the issues that have people have posted, Damn microsoft!

Mac's OS is tempting, but looks to confusing for my liking.

02-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jono1 View Post

Nope I've never tried it but seeing as I have never had any problems with XP I don't see a reason to upgrade yet. I've never had any networking or stability issues and I don't see how a search box on the start menu makes it one of those must have features (I don't use the search, I remember where I keep my files)

02-15-2007, 03:55 AM
Matsta is offline Matsta
Expertise:
Software:

Matsta is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Matsta Send a message via MSN to Matsta

Old

Lol these threads are silly, everyone is stickin to Xp which is good, it shows how badly they copied os x

02-15-2007, 11:38 AM
ambience is offline ambience
Expertise:
Software:

ambience is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to ambience Send a message via MSN to ambience

Old

Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I would upgrade if it's free. But, my next operating system upgrade will be a total switch over to OSX (new computer).
Lol clearly loads of pple would then upgrade if was free...

Lol these threads are silly, everyone is stickin to Xp which is good, it shows how badly they copied os x
And grow up, they did not copy mac, why does every one keep saying that. Every one takes ideas from other things and improves, change and make better. There are plenty of things people could point out that Mac coppied and took from other places.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >