Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1629 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

VB skin help

Thread title: VB skin help
Closed Thread    
12-29-2005, 06:01 AM
Ferrarislave is offline Ferrarislave
Expertise:
Software:

Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road

Old  VB skin help

Ok, I will try to explain this the best way I can. This is my first making a skin where there is a side navigation/content area like Talk Freelance. This isn't my first vb skin though. I know my way around the software very well, so no worries there. What my issue is, where do I start? My skin has the navigation up top and a bar over it. Do I put that in the header? Or forum home? I want it to be visible on every page, but then the side content area collides with that? How should I setup the tables, can anyone give me some input/insight? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ferrarislave

Here is a shot of the skin so you get a understand of what I am talking about. Please note the content area where the news is, is where the forum will be.

12-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Bas is offline Bas
Expertise: Frontend, vBulletin
Software: Coda, Photoshop

Bas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bas

Old

Just put the sidebar in the header, I have done it before and it worked perfectly.

12-30-2005, 12:54 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

How exactly can I put it in the header, where would I put the main forum content go then? Would I need to make another table inside of FORUMHOME?

12-30-2005, 01:14 AM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

mn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mn Send a message via MSN to mn

Old

Originally Posted by Ferrarislave
How exactly can I put it in the header, where would I put the main forum content go then? Would I need to make another table inside of FORUMHOME?
What he meant by put in the header is the following.

HTML Code:
<table width="yoursize">
<tr>
<td>
Then you open the footer and close the tags.

Note: Go to the Header template to enter the tags and close them in the Footer Template.

12-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by theodor
What he meant by put in the header is the following.

HTML Code:
<table width="yoursize">
<tr>
<td>
Then you open the footer and close the tags.

Note: Go to the Header template to enter the tags and close them in the Footer Template.
That would work for the side borders, but that isn't was I was asking about. I was talking about the blue side bar. I want the forum content in the white area that currently houses the news. Maybe I am wrong, if so I apologize, but can anyone elaborate a little more.

Thanks,
Ferrarislave

12-30-2005, 01:25 AM
mn is offline mn
Expertise:
Software:

mn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mn Send a message via MSN to mn

Old

Originally Posted by Ferrarislave
That would work for the side borders, but that isn't was I was asking about. I was talking about the blue side bar. I want the forum content in the white area that currently houses the news. Maybe I am wrong, if so I apologize, but can anyone elaborate a little more.

Thanks,
Ferrarislave
The blue bar is a side bar...That code generates the side bar that you already do what ever you want with.

http://www.innovativeskins.com/forum/?styleid=2 Just like those tables on the left.

12-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ok, I need to rethink my layout. What I want to do is have the skin function exactly like talkfreelance and the innovativeskins forum you just showed me. I want the header aka nav and grey bar to be visible on every page, but the side blue bar to only be visible on on the main forums page. I want it to disappear when someone clicks on a forum. Also how can one move the login box to the right side, and latest forum posts to the right side like that? Can someone please elaborate? I am very interestead in doing it this way now.

I also think I need to rethink my layout design, because the navigation hangs low. The low hanging nav will look odd without the blue bar on the other forum pages.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, all of your input is greatly appreciated!

12-31-2005, 01:27 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

How does this sound... For the front page I will slice the layout from the top to the bottom of the navigation (that includes a small section of the blue sidebar) I will put that in the header. Then add the blue side bar to forumhome, and the green and grey footer parts into the footer. Now here is the catch, since I don't want the blue bar visible when I click on a forum, I will have two different headers one for forumhome and one for everyhing else. Will this work? Should I just remake my layout?

12-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I figured out what I am going to do. I will simply not include $header and $footer in FORUMHOME. I will put my entire design, the one you see above in FORUMHOME, and then just have a different header and footer for the other pages using the regular HEADER, and FOOTER templates.

I have 1 problem though, what would be the correct way to slice up that layout for use in such a layout. I used image ready's code and just put the code from FORUMHOME into the cell where the "news/white" area is in the template above. It is not working well though, it looks to be all over in firefox, and doesn't look right in IE either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

01-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Can anyone tell me how those above forum headers are done on that innovative skins site? The area that says posts, threads, recent posts...

Closed Thread