Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1247 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

iPod or Zune?

Thread title: iPod or Zune?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jako View Post
When I already have an 8GB iPod Nano, why would I need another MP3 player to accomplish only one extra thing? The tuner for the iPod is exactly what I was looking for
That's my fault; I reread the post(s) and forgot that you were talking about that for yourself, and not for Village.Idiot. That's who I've been replying to mainly, was for him :P

You can find that cheaper on Amazon, instead of spending $50.

Amazon's other pricing for the FM add-on. There's on on there for $24.85 and $4.99 shipping and it's brand-new.

04-11-2008, 10:23 PM
William is offline William
Expertise:
Software:

William is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to William Send a message via MSN to William Send a message via Yahoo to William

Old

Zune!

04-12-2008, 09:27 PM
rsek is offline rsek
Expertise:
Software:

rsek is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rsek

Old

iPod.
best selling mp3 ever.
can't go wrong

04-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

The only thing wrong with the Zune,
It doesn't have a clock.
Really.

04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
rub3n is offline rub3n
Software:

rub3n is on a distinguished road

Old

IPod is the best choice.
I own one and i must say, never gave me a problem.

06-19-2008, 06:48 AM
dustin56 is offline dustin56
Software:

dustin56 is on a distinguished road

Old

I own an Ipod shuffle and a 30 Gig. Their both great. My opinion is that Apple has been at it for a while now and they seem to have it right. The interface is great, and an added bonus is that they work with linux as well.

06-19-2008, 08:21 AM
phractured is offline phractured
Expertise:
Software:

phractured is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to phractured

Old

Honestly I feel the Zune will encourage you to not use Itunes for purchasing music, which is good because MP4s suck and cannot be used with almost anything besides Ipods and Itunes.

06-19-2008, 09:06 AM
kimsonsolutions is offline kimsonsolutions
Software:

kimsonsolutions is on a distinguished road

Old

The ipod is a really good mp3player and if you use itunes it works great together , it's small with a great interface and the cover flow function (useless but sooooo cool)

but i never used a zune so i can't really help you

06-19-2008, 06:05 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Heres some honest advice VI:

First off, I'm biased. I own a MBP and an Ipod. I'm officially a Mac fanboy now. However I know you hate Apple fanboys, and when the **** hits the fan I purchase the best product whether it has an Apple on it or not. For you, I'd go with the Zune. Its has iPod classic space, and iPod touch screen real estate. Now if you have a car and you want to play your music from your iPod to your radio, most aftermarket head units that support direct mp3 connection only support iPod interface I believe.

Seriously, they're both good products. I'd go with the Zune if I were you. If it were me, I'd go with the iPod because I have OSX and directly connect my iPod with my car.

Let me know if you need more advice, I feel like typing.

06-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Tyson is offline Tyson
Expertise: Design
Software:

Tyson is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Tyson Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson

Old

I have owned the 30GB Video and currently own the 80GB Classic.

Let me say, the thing is great. Slim, lightweight, attractive, the list could go on. I use it not only for music, videos, podcasts, wasting time in class (got to love solitaire ) but also as a backup hard drive for all my files on my computer. My iPod goes everywhere with me, including my car which has an adapter.

Now having said that, I went to FutureShop the other day just to take a look at the new iTouchs they had and I saw the Zunes. These things are great. Immediately when I picked it up I could tell they were a very sturdy player. Opposed to my iPod, I'd feel fine if I dropped one. The touch scroller is also a nice feature, however I'm not a fan of how much it comes out from the body itself. Could be just because I'm used to the iPod. Another design I found to be a flaw was the lock button. It's a slider just like the iPod's, however it doesn't stick out from the body at all, so it's a little hard to slide over. Not a big deal, but something that could have easily been changed but it's obvious they were trying to keep it sleek look. Then when I turned it on, I found the interface a little weird. For instance, if you listen to a song, then keep hitting back to the main menu, if you hit back once more, you'll be brought back to your music. This is good if you made a mistake and didn't want to back out of your Now Playing screen, but not good if you are just trying to get to the main menu fast. Most of you know about the feature that's supposed to set this thing free, WiFi. It's an excellent idea and I love the fact it's integrated. I tried it out at the store and it works perfectly. I only with Apple would do the same thing. Only downside to this is the amount of times you can play the song once you've received it (it's only 3 for those who don't know). It'd be a lot better if you could have the song for longer, but due to obvious reasons I can see why that won't happen.

Overall, I'd go with the Zune. It's got all the features the iPod has (that actually matter) and then some. Sure it may not have Cover Flow, but it's got the radio and WiFi to take care of that. Along with customizable themes, can't go wrong.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >