Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1378 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

what to get laptop or pc

Thread title: what to get laptop or pc
Closed Thread    
06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
BetaOrange is offline BetaOrange
Expertise: Design / Coding
Software: Photoshop, iTunes, Firefox

BetaOrange is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Agreed, but if he's a heavy gamer then there's not need having it tbh. get a custom build or dekstop mate, don't even bother with a laptop if your gaming. Unless you travel A LOT. Also go for quad core over dual core. Does depends on specs but generally quad > dual.

CS:S, WoW etc. don't need high specs to play, I'd say they're quite low quality games, in terms of specs.

The whole quad > dual is right and wrong, what's the point in getting a quad if you're not going to use it up to its standards? Most games don't take advantage of quadcore, only a couple such as crysis.

To be honest, I'd still say desktop and custom build, but if you like the relaxation of going anywhere in your house and getting online via wlan, I'd say a high specced laptop, which you can get for around £800($1600).

06-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Tom is offline Tom
Expertise:
Software:

Tom is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Tom

Old

Originally Posted by BetaOrange View Post
CS:S, WoW etc. don't need high specs to play, I'd say they're quite low quality games, in terms of specs.

The whole quad > dual is right and wrong, what's the point in getting a quad if you're not going to use it up to its standards? Most games don't take advantage of quadcore, only a couple such as crysis.

To be honest, I'd still say desktop and custom build, but if you like the relaxation of going anywhere in your house and getting online via wlan, I'd say a high specced laptop, which you can get for around £800($1600).
CS:S, cpu heavy game. Needs gd CPU + average gfx cards to play on high res/quality (textures etc). Although most games dont use quad core its helpful on other things. I.e can run msn, mirc, FF, WMP, whilst still being able to play a game that might only use 1-2 cores.

06-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Tom View Post
CS:S, cpu heavy game. Needs gd CPU + average gfx cards to play on high res/quality (textures etc). Although most games dont use quad core its helpful on other things. I.e can run msn, mirc, FF, WMP, whilst still being able to play a game that might only use 1-2 cores.
I used to play CS:S on my Toshiba laptop. (2.0 dual core cpu, 256mb graphics card and 1gb of ram) with msn and all those running.

Closed Thread