Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1932 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

Outlook {Send Error}

Thread title: Outlook {Send Error}
Closed Thread    
05-04-2005, 08:58 AM
aliendj is offline aliendj
Expertise:
Software:

aliendj is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to aliendj Send a message via Yahoo to aliendj

Old  Outlook {Send Error}

-Im getting the error below with all my pop email accounts while sending emails.
-This error is happenind on some computers, & not on all computers. it worked with one of my friend's computer.

-Is it a connection problem? or a software problem?

-I tried to disable firewalls, norton anti-virus, norton internet security, still the same, nothing changed...

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'pacoabinahed@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'ALIEN DJ', Server: 'mail.aliendj.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Can't accept for hotmail.com ... not a gateway', Port: 2525, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

05-04-2005, 09:29 AM
sednasolutions is offline sednasolutions
Software:

sednasolutions is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to sednasolutions

Old

I am going to guess that you can receive emails with no problem, but you are unable to send any outgoing emails. I believe your problem is related to the Internet Service Provider for each computer. Your computer users Port 25 to send emails through your Outgoing Mail Server, or SMTP (i.e. mail.yourdomain.com), from your computer.

Many ISPs today are blocking your ability to send outgoing email messages through Port 25 because of the increase amount of spam. I believe Port 25 is not blocked on your friend's computer, which is why you are able to send your outgoing emails with no problems at all from that computer, but Port 25 is blocked on the computer you are not able to send your emails with. Remember, it is your Internet Service Provider (or ISP) that does this.

Many ISPs will block Port 25 and say that you can't send any outgoing emails, but some will restrict Port 25 so that you can't use your own personal Outgoing Mail Server (i.e. mail.yourdomain.com), but instead you will be provided with the ISP's Outgoing Mail Server because it gives them more control over spam levels. For example, for months I was able to use my own personal Outgoing Mail Server (i.e. mail.mydomain.com) until Charter Communications, which is my Internet Service Provider, restricted Port 25 and I was forced to use Charter's Outgoing Mail Server, which is smtp.charter.net.

There are some tests you can run on each computer through command line that will tell you if the computer's Port 25 is blocked, but in most cases, if you see that you can receive incoming emails but not send any out (assuming you input your email account's login info correctly in your email client), it can be an issue related to the restriction or blocking of Port 25 by your ISP. If you tell us the names of Internet Service Providers for each of the computers you are trying to send outgoing emails with, I'm sure we can tell you which ones are known for restricting or blocking Port 25 and which may require further research.

Again, based on the information you have given me this is my best guess. I may be wrong, but since many of my web hosting clients experience the same problems with their Internet Service Providers, I have become accustomed to hearing about the restricting and blocking of Port 25 by ISPs.

05-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Adam is offline Adam
Software:

Adam is on a distinguished road

Old

that is a server configuration. its nothing to do with port blocking

its what error 550 means in sumary

Error 550 Relaying not allowed

RESOLUTION

This error message is coming from the mail server, not from Outlook Express. This error means that the SMTP (outgoing) mail server did not recognize you as an authorized user and rejected your e-mail message. Most ISPs (ISP stands for Internet Service Provider, and this includes GCI) configure their mail servers to recognize only those computer IP addresses that are on an accepted list. If you use multiple ISPs, or just switched from another ISP, you are likely to encounter this problem. The solution is to change setting of the SMTP server for that mail account under your e-mail application:

05-04-2005, 11:01 AM
aliendj is offline aliendj
Expertise:
Software:

aliendj is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to aliendj Send a message via Yahoo to aliendj

Old

but Im using the exact outgoing mail server as written in my Hosting prodider's FAQ page.

05-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Adam is offline Adam
Software:

Adam is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by aliendj
but Im using the exact outgoing mail server as written in my Hosting prodider's FAQ page.
then you need to contact your hosting provider. replaying permissions is a server configuration. not a end user.

Closed Thread