Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1647 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

[Hiring] Web Developer (CSS/PHP) to collaborate with Ninjanotes.ca

Thread title: [Hiring] Web Developer (CSS/PHP) to collaborate with Ninjanotes.ca
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
sk8boarder1414 is offline sk8boarder1414
Software:

sk8boarder1414 is on a distinguished road

Old  [Hiring] Web Developer (CSS/PHP) to collaborate with Ninjanotes.ca

Hey to everyone!

My name is Dave and recently I decided to undergo a project by the name of NinjaNotes. You must be wondering what NinjaNotes is, so here goes!
(I'll break it down into some general questions).

Why create Ninja Notes?

I wrote these tutorials (accounting specific) because of the lack of clear, concise and articulate managerial accounting tutorials. Then I started doing other courses. Also, I think this is a cool niche because Khan Academy currently doesn't cover accounting, and students need help with this as much as they would for micro/macroeconomics.

What am I looking for?

I need a programmer to join our current two man team. I'll be designing the website and embedding all videos into the site, as well as creating a forum (bbpress) for students to refer to. I have ideas for making the website interesting, consistently relevant and current along with being a great resource.

Now, I'm not the greatest tech guy, so I'll try and explain what I need to the best of my ability. I need someone who knows CSS/xHTML for the front end work (that might possibly know of ways to code that may optimize SEO and reduce load time). The website will be done in Wordpress and the forum (bbpress) will be integrated. Back end may require PHP depending on what we need performed. Possibly weekly or bi-weekly maintenance to add some personalized content when we create/publish it.

All in all, after the initial work, there should only be a minimal amount of time devoted to maintenance. If you have additional time, we can easily work out other jobs that can be performed. And you get to be part of something that is helping a lot of students worldwide

The hours put into the work can entirely be performed around your schedule.

Money Talk

Currently I have 1 coder interested in revenue sharing with our advertisement revenues (we'll offer a VERY FAIR deal for revenues in perpetuity). Another was willing to help us code it for $400 USD as a freelance job. I understand $400 USD is a small amount for a forum + wordpress website, which is why I'd love it more for someone to be apart of the team and partake in revenue sharing. These will include advertisements on videos & website advertisements including forum related ones.

We have begun to take the bull by the horns and really put a great amount of effort into this project. I have also posted a thread on Reddit.

After the website is up & the video series' have been completed we will begin to market the site aggressively.

Mail me on TF or get at me on Skype!

Thanks,
Dave

Our Youtube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/iNinjaNotes?feature=mhee
Twitter is: https://twitter.com/iNinjaNotes
Facebook is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninja-...34589563245679