Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1315 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Complaint threads disappearing

Thread title: Complaint threads disappearing
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
10-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by TaeKwonJoe View Post
Umm..ok. I'm talking about people whom have actual proof that they were scammed, lied to, or cheated out of their money. I see these types of people being broadcasts publicly all the time on forums, craigslist, and on the news.
Exactly, they use the appropriate chanels

Of course I'm not saying people should just be allowed to make a thread calling people scammers without sufficient evidence. If they are lying, then just like Jordan did, the person being accused will enter the thread and prove them wrong.
The only way to differentiate between people just coming in making accusations and ones who have proof is staff intervention, which they don't want to do. Threads like that often descend into bickering and he said she said stories.

I'm getting tired of arguing here. While I disagree with you, I respect your opinion (I am saying that directly to you, not to Triad) and hope this comes to a solution you see fit as well. Have a good night.

10-13-2010, 01:58 AM
TaeKwonJoe is offline TaeKwonJoe
Expertise: Designing & Programming
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

TaeKwonJoe is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via MSN to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via Skype™ to TaeKwonJoe

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Exactly, they use the appropriate chanels

The only way to differentiate between people just coming in making accusations and ones who have proof is staff intervention, which they don't want to do. Threads like that often descend into bickering and he said she said stories.

I'm getting tired of arguing here. While I disagree with you, I respect your opinion (I am saying that directly to you, not to Triad) and hope this comes to a solution you see fit as well. Have a good night.
Well Dan (Moderator) just said that everything you have been saying is false, and that testimonials about transactions outside of TF (as long as they are members here) are, in fact, allowed.

I'm not arguing at all, just trying to understand what the rules are. I strongly believe that my clients should be able to post positive testimonials about me on this forum if they are a member here as well.

10-13-2010, 02:01 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Well Dan (Moderator) just said that everything you have been saying is false, and that testimonials about transactions outside of TF (as long as they are members here) are, in fact, allowed.

I'm not arguing at all, just trying to understand what the rules are. I strongly believe that my clients should be able to post positive testimonials about me on this forum if they are a member here as well.
I have been a member here a long time and they have been allowed in the past! staff has even banned members with these type of threads in the past.

10-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Then there has been a change to the rules since I was staff (as I said, that was a while ago). I apologize for any incorrect statements I made.

10-13-2010, 02:27 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by triadink View Post
For the last several days i have saw 2 different members post issues with a member here that advertises their services and got scammed or done wrong to only keep having those posts deleted by Dan who is very fond of the member who is the center of these issues.
Why do you assume it was Dan? It wasn't.

I have been a member here a long time and they have been allowed in the past! staff has even banned members with these type of threads in the past.
Are you implying that I should be banned because an irate member made a thread to which I eventually replied to and gave proof against his poor claims?

Edit: Heck, I was fine with the thread being up. I never even reported it or asked for it to be removed. I said what I had to say in there and that was sufficient enough for me.

10-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Software:

Old

actually i was not speaking to you, you were just the one that was in that thread with other members saying you were a scammer, so take your drama elsewhere!

If you read you will see my issue is with the posts being deleted when other similar threads are not.

10-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan

Old

actually i was not speaking to you, you were just the one that was in that thread with other members saying you were a scammer, so take your drama elsewhere!

If you read you will see my issue is with the posts being deleted when other similar threads are not.
Oh please, spare the "take your drama elsewhere." You included my name in your post and you created this thread specifically after the thread on me was deleted. Not only that but this is a public thread on a public forum.

http://www.talkfreelance.com/showpos...43&postcount=3
http://www.talkfreelance.com/showpos...4&postcount=11

And your libel is certainly not appreciated. One (1) person created a thread to complain about me so for you to write "other members" and then "were a scammer" is quite the exaggeration here.

10-13-2010, 02:49 AM
Software:

Old

blah blah blah, has that got anything to do with deleting threads of peoples posts?

10-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan

Old

blah blah blah, has that got anything to do with deleting threads of peoples posts?

10-13-2010, 03:14 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I'm not quite sure what I'm responding to here.

@Joe & @Triadink. It's not my place to say who reported what, but as Jordon mentioned, she never reported any of those thread. They were removed and closed because tarnishing names is prohibited in that manner.

Put it this way; If everyone created a thread about negative experiences, TF would be overflowing with these threads. I didn't signup to TF for this kind of material, I want discussion worthy of discussing. If you think the iTrader is flawed, please help by recommending improvements.

@sebech if you hire someone from TF, check their iTrader first and foremost.

@triadink I'm still not sure why you're targeting me in this manner. If I find any threads tarnishing a member I will opt to remove them regardless of who it is.

How many more times do I say leave iTrader feedback instead of creating threads, for the message to really drum home?

Thanked by 2 users:
Jordan (10-13-2010), sebech (10-13-2010)
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >