Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1411 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Minimum price for offers (all offer forums)

Thread title: Minimum price for offers (all offer forums)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-08-2006, 11:38 AM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old  Minimum price for offers (all offer forums)

I think this has been suggested before but i would like to refresh the subject at matter with creating a new one.

I'm seeing more often freelancers here trying to sell on templates, logos, domains, blog themes, fully grown websites and more for as little as $40, then decreasing the price again and again down to something like $15/$10 when there is no interest.

This isn't really a rant at those users but at the fact offers/requests plays a huge part in this freelance community and people are offering such amazing designs, coding positions available for very cheap prices, which bugs me.

Now i know there are some big freelancers here; in terms of regular posters, good designers and post their work for like $200 a piece and people pay for it. Now are people interested in paying such high prices because of their quality of work or because who they are in terms of being well known. Thoughts?

I think TFL should have a minimum price for posting offers, people in the marketplace are being ripped off. I know, i get ripped off too, where i could go to another marketsite and people would pay double the amount they would pay for here, why is that? Thoughts?

I really think this would be a benefit in how the Marketplace goes, when i hit new posts i see mostly the offers/requests forum in use.

I had another idea apart from the minimum price was that the marketplace was only activated every 3 or 4 days and only open for 1 day, where people can post their work in. I think it will reduce the amount of focusing people have towards the the marketplace and concentrate on freelance topics.

What's your thoughts? I just see lots of work being sold for much cheaper than i think it really could sell for.