Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 684 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

New site idea !! What do you think ?

Thread title: New site idea !! What do you think ?
Closed Thread    
02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Aaron Michael is offline Aaron Michael
Software:

Aaron Michael is on a distinguished road

Old  New site idea !! What do you think ?

Alright I was thinking today about make a forum/site for gaming. Before you thinking oh god another wanna be gaming site. Well my site will be different very different. It will be some like sitepoint and now you ask how is that possible.

Well I was thinking hmm alot of people make my by playing CS but their all in a clan or some sort of team and in a tournament of some kind. I wanted the main focus of this site/forum game for money. Let me rephrase that the buy in will be 3 dollars once the 3 dollars is recieve by me or my partner we will post your information on yourself, skills, description of the type of opponent you are looking for. Once that happens that 1 post shall stay up for a month maybe shorter not 100% sure on that.

Once some accepts your challenge they will also have to pay 3 dollars but don't forget they are also playing on a wager. Say the Post wants to play someone for 25$ so who ever looses will ow the other person the $25.

-Also what type of legal things will I be looking at for this type of site/forum.

02-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

There are similiar large sites out there where people can play other people for money. Unless you have the resources to compete your onto a sinker. I also think the idea about paying to post up a request etc is flawed.

Sorry and all but i think you've got a big battle on your hands to make this big. Although it's deffinately do-able.

02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
techo is offline techo
Software:

techo is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, I guess it's an alright concept. But it won't take off. Why would people want to pay $3, when most of these people don't A. have a paypal account and B. don't want to go to the trouble. Plus, why go to the trouble of doing all that when you can submit your clan match requests to other free sites that already out there. I know the $25 is cool, but then you'll get such issues as people refusing to pay etc.

02-15-2006, 06:13 PM
RossJJ is offline RossJJ
Expertise:
Software:

RossJJ is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to RossJJ Send a message via MSN to RossJJ

Old

Seems like a good idea, however you should offer the feature of playing without money, only for the fact that people are tight. and not many people will pay if the website is small with not many members

techo but you would make each of them pay before you started..

02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
secondmode is offline secondmode
Expertise:
Software:

secondmode is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to secondmode Send a message via MSN to secondmode

Old

There are sites such as this that you can use for free. Their called Clan ladders.

02-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

I think this site would be a bad idea. I doubt it would work. Sorry.

02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
hjalmar is offline hjalmar
Expertise:
Software:

hjalmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

i know a site that already has this, dunno what games but a close friend of mine was part of running it for a while, so no its nothing new.

02-16-2006, 12:50 AM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I think the chances of it being succesful would be very small, the main factor being it happening online, playing online is too random!

Why would they pay you and go through your site when they could set it up manually, plus with the amount of hacking that goes on most clans would wouldn't dare play small unknown clans. I'd put a hefty amount of money on it not working in the UK (i don't know where your from), only way it potentially would is if you got it backed by a major clan.

02-24-2006, 03:52 PM
mjuszczak is offline mjuszczak
Software:

mjuszczak is on a distinguished road

Old

Get rid of the paying to post thing.... that will not encourage people to post. Just my .02.

Closed Thread