Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1404 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Flash template work

Thread title: Flash template work
09-16-2009, 12:19 AM
DesignMinded is offline DesignMinded
Software:

DesignMinded is on a distinguished road

Old  Flash template work

Hi all. I need some feedback on this. I did search for anything related to doing business of editing Flash templates but couldn't find any. I have a potential client who is interested in hiring me to edit a Flash template that was created using SwishMax. The client wants to use his own graphics and text to replace the ones that came with the template plus add some of SEO stuff thrown into the template before uploading to his site. He plans only a few web pages max for this site.

My question is: should I charge by hour for the possible hours it would take me to edit/tweak this existing template or how should I gauge the pricing on this? I've freelanced in the past and normally charged them by hour by invoicing them for the hours I've worked, whether it's just site maintenance or to design a new site from scratch.

Otherwise, I'd just go ahead and drum up a quote explaining some of the details of what work is involved and see if he will accept this bid or not. It is obvious that he is looking to save his money or has very limited budget in his mind.

10-21-2009, 03:35 AM
spoicaig73 is offline spoicaig73
Expertise:
Software:

spoicaig73 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to spoicaig73

Old  Flash template work

Did you just buy a flash template from template monster or another websites but having trouble editing it?

I can help you out. I will edit the template to your liking and input anything you want inside it.

If you are interested and want to see my work please PM me or leave a comment.

Regards .eXe

10-25-2009, 03:12 PM
socreative is offline socreative
Expertise:
Software:

socreative is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to socreative

Old

i had similar projects in the past and used both hourly and per-project pricing.
The problem here is it is rather hard to say how many hours will go into editing a template as Flash projects can be quite complex/messy due to many factors including poor coding and planning.

01-03-2010, 05:17 PM
InventYourself is offline InventYourself
Software:

InventYourself is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by spoicaig73 View Post
Did you just buy a flash template from template monster or another websites but having trouble editing it?

I can help you out. I will edit the template to your liking and input anything you want inside it.

If you are interested and want to see my work please PM me or leave a comment.

Regards .eXe
^
Open your eyes 8)
Read the context of thread and not just the title!

Quote your hourly rate, and possibly state an estimate! You can almost guarantee your client is not going to be happy with something, this is the problem with templates, it wasn't tailored to your clients requirements to start with! You'll probably end up with several revisions, leaving you carrying the costs for your time and efforts!

Regards,
Matt.