Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1511 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

MySpace marketing?

Thread title: MySpace marketing?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
11-25-2005, 03:48 AM
DogFaceBoy is offline DogFaceBoy
Expertise:
Software:

DogFaceBoy is on a distinguished road

Old

A guy at DNForum paid me $100 to post his site in MySpace comments on 500 different ones.

11-27-2005, 05:19 PM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by XboxTomorrow
A guy at DNForum paid me $100 to post his site in MySpace comments on 500 different ones.
Oh, so you use the comments system?
I thought everyone used the Bulletin Board system to advertise =/

11-28-2005, 12:43 AM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

Maybe he means he's posting it to 500 random people's comment lists, rather than just the bulletins that his "friends" can see? Not exactly ethical, but would probably be pretty effective. Besides, I'd kind of consider that spam if people on my friends list were just posting random links into my bulletins for money. In that case, it may be better to use the comments just so you're not ticking off the people who regularly interact with you. Either way, bad idea.

11-28-2005, 03:23 AM
Ornithopter is offline Ornithopter
Expertise: PHP, SQL, jQuery, XHTML & CSS
Software: Aptana, Firebug, Evernote

Ornithopter is on a distinguished road

Old

I had looked into it and then I read their TOS... I thought this was illegal?

Non Commercial Use by Members. The Website is for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of MySpace.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from member profiles without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken by MySpace.com for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
**Quoted from MySpace.com's TOS which can be found here:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/misc/terms.html

11-28-2005, 03:48 AM
DogFaceBoy is offline DogFaceBoy
Expertise:
Software:

DogFaceBoy is on a distinguished road

Old

Whatever, he paid me, and that is all that matters on my part. The illegal part would hit him.

11-28-2005, 05:14 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Actually, it's not illegal. It's a violation of a TOS agreement. You could be charged civilly, not criminally. Big difference. And actually, you could both be held responsible. If you logged into their account to post the comments or if you used your own doesn't matter all that much. Actually, you using your own is worse for you. So, the last thing you should be doing is discussing it in a public forum ... especially saying the money is all that matters.

11-28-2005, 11:12 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Not sure if it's illegal really.....telling one of your friends to check your new website out? Come on! Some people are far too tight. Rules like that are made to be broken. Oh and I was only asking what people thought about it and if anyone had tried it, obviously it consists of alot of younger members and isn't really targeted at all.

11-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Ornithopter is offline Ornithopter
Expertise: PHP, SQL, jQuery, XHTML & CSS
Software: Aptana, Firebug, Evernote

Ornithopter is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
Not sure if it's illegal really.....telling one of your friends to check your new website out? Come on! Some people are far too tight. Rules like that are made to be broken. Oh and I was only asking what people thought about it and if anyone had tried it, obviously it consists of alot of younger members and isn't really targeted at all.
Oh yeah it's definitely okay to be like: "Hey guys, check out my new website". Although it's one thing to advertise to a group of 500 friends and entirely different to advertise to tens of thousands.

I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

12-09-2005, 02:29 AM
cgcmh1 is offline cgcmh1
Expertise:
Software:

cgcmh1 is on a distinguished road

Old

Myspace seemed like a good place to do marketing for music but recently it seems too many bands are trying to market themselves on there.

12-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by cgcmh1
Myspace seemed like a good place to do marketing for music but recently it seems too many bands are trying to market themselves on there.
That's kind of a big point of the site. I run a music webzine and do music publicity work, and it's worked really well for me. I scout artists there, keep up to date on their news, and list my own news. I get a really great response w/ bands messaging me a few times a day asking about either my site or my services. I wasn't crazy about using it at first. I held out for a long time. But I guess I've been really luck so far.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >