Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1309 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

[FOR HIRE] Need to edit a binary .exe file

Thread title: [FOR HIRE] Need to edit a binary .exe file
03-28-2010, 03:26 AM
diesel7 is offline diesel7
Expertise:
Software:

diesel7 is on a distinguished road

Old  [FOR HIRE] Need to edit a binary .exe file

I need to edit few things on this file. Its a GNU file but I don't have the code, so assume it needs to be disassembled. Let me know if its possible. Payment via Paypal. Details in private. Thanks

03-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

"GNU file" means nothing. Perhaps you were meaning that the code is under one of the GNU open source licenses? If so, and you really only have the compiled binary, then go out and find the source yourself (or hire someone to do that for you)—editing the binary file itself is not an option since you would still be needing (or should be at least wanting) the source in order to comply with whatever particular license is in use.

To anyone considering taking on this job, please encourage diesel7 to adhere to the license(s) that the code is supposed to be distributed with and be aware of your own.

To diesel7, what would be your budget and time frame for getting the required changes made? Would you be open to discussing getting the source code and having the developer work with that, and to pay them for that time? Can you give details as to the scale and nature of the changes that need to be made? Basically, your advertisement is very, very sparse in details (and the details that are there are lacking). Please, if you do, answer these questions publicly to aid those who might be interested.