Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1863 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

So Spencer, What'd ya do?

Thread title: So Spencer, What'd ya do?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
12-04-2009, 03:41 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by ChrisGwynne View Post
Shame, you voiced your valid honest opinions, you get booted off from staff. Now you backtrack and beg to go back on staff. Shoulda stuck to your guns and stayed the same. Weak.
I'm surely not weak, and after realizing of the mistake that was made, I felt awful. And regret what I did. It should have never happened to start with, and could have been prevented to start with as well... Had I just taken some time to simmer down and walk away from the computer. There's a difference in standing behind and voicing your opinions sober and well written, than being drunk and pissed off, ranting nasty towards staff, or staff of a higher rank than yourself.

Jury was in, verdict was made, sentence was placed. Wanting back on later down road if possible, is just like anyone else, they realize they made a mistake and regret it. Mistake being; drunk and pissy towards an admin, rather then taking time to simmer down and post with a level head and still back up what I believe in. And it could be corrected and never happen in the future. It's called, living and learning.

12-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Elegant Banners is offline Elegant Banners
Expertise: UI Design
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Notepad++

Elegant Banners is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Elegant Banners Send a message via Skype™ to Elegant Banners

Old

To be honest with you guys (the people responsible for Spencer's boot) you've just got rid of someone who actually had the fire to do something with this withering forum and gave a damn about this place. Well done.

One down, only one left to go.

12-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by 6creations View Post
To be honest with you guys (the people responsible for Spencer's boot) you've just got rid of someone who actually had the fire to do something with this withering forum and gave a damn about this place. Well done.
You think we don't know that?

12-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Elegant Banners is offline Elegant Banners
Expertise: UI Design
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Notepad++

Elegant Banners is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Elegant Banners Send a message via Skype™ to Elegant Banners

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
You think we don't know that?
You clearly don't Salathe, because you still gave him the boot. If there's someone on your team who can be a bit vulgar, rude and obnoxious at times, but is absolute gold when it comes to what needs to be done, would you not make compromises to keep him on?

12-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

You clearly don't Salathe, because you still gave him the boot. If there's someone on your team who can be a bit vulgar, rude and obnoxious at times, but is absolute gold when it comes to what needs to be done, would you not make compromises to keep him on?
Your image of the circumstances is not correct. His insubordination was a part of him while we were trying to get things done. If things did not go his way, he got angry and often said very rash things. It came to the point where he was not gold when it came time to get things done. Salathe and I both agreed that this had to be done. We did not do it out of anger or emotion, but out of what we thought would be most beneficial to the staff team overall.

Spencer has great potential, it just wasn't that simple. Things are still getting done though, I assure you that he was not the only one who knew how to get things done.

12-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Absolutely and we compromised many times by letting misbehaviour slide (in hindsight, I believe that was a fault on my part). Generally, I would not be prepared to: brush off personal attacks (to me or any other forum member); allow staff to do something when I've (or another senior staff member has) explicitly said not to; put up with "I won't do it again"; allow things to spill into the public forum... the list goes on.

In Spencer's case, we did allow more than anyone's fair share of inappropriate staff behaviour because he really was a great asset at other times. The events immediately preceeding his demotion showed a continuation and clear escalation of his negative behaviour and enough was enough.

Does that help to clarify things a bit for you?

12-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Bing bang boom, another question answered.

12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

While sober, I'll say these things so that there's no excuse or reason to infraction me or delete my post/ edit it to your liking or whatever.

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Your image of the circumstances is not correct. His insubordination was a part of him while we were trying to get things done. If things did not go his way, he got angry and often said very rash things. It came to the point where he was not gold when it came time to get things done.
Don't forget to mention, that the insubordination was going on at the time, because I was pissed off at the fact that Peter Avery gets away with alot of crap on the board, while others get punished for the same things.

To un-ban someone that most elders thought was a scammer, to give his old account back to him, to change his name to "****", and let him run around the board swearing at staff and others. Calling Big Zee a dick in public, only to get the post edited. Should have been given many infractions or a ban, but most infractions weren't given to him for purposely doing wrong. He even asked to be banned, or removed, and wasn't! Yet continued to run around here stirring up crap.

Hence saying for the admin to get their dick out of Peter's ass, and asked if they were part of the same swinger party or not... Yes, I had my reasons for the being pissed off, and the insubordination. But, I should have gone about sharing my opinions and so forth, in a better way. I was gold, still am gold, always will be gold... They just chose to send me off to "Cash4Gold"... They're loss in the long run though. And about not being able to get things done, there wasn't really much going on anyway! Everyone chose to put changes on the back burner, because Zee was going to sell the board! I was the one pushing for things to be changed, regardless of the sale!

Generally, I would not be prepared to: brush off personal attacks (to me or any other forum member); allow staff to do something when I've (or another senior staff member has) explicitly said not to; put up with "I won't do it again"; allow things to spill into the public forum... the list goes on.

In Spencer's case, we did allow more than anyone's fair share of inappropriate staff behaviour because he really was a great asset at other times.

Does that help to clarify things a bit for you?
But let's allow Peter to do this, even though he's not on staff at all... But aren't we allowing things to spill into public now though? And no, I shouldn't be silenced by deleting / editing my posts, yet have yours there for all to see. I have right to speak my mind about it, just as much as you do. I had requested for this to be closed off originally, but someone had to open it for something like this to happen. Ah well.

The events immediately preceeding his demotion showed a continuation and clear escalation of his negative behaviour and enough was enough.
Perhaps, but at least I had my valid reasons for being pissed off though. Hence saying, "Let's punish staff members, and others for the same stuff Peter does!" But we'll allow Peter to do it though. My point was proven. I know, I know, staff is supposed to hold a level of professionalism... Bottom-line is, I was pissed off about that issue, and should have just spoken it while sober and simmered down... Well, like I'm doing now! LOL!

@6creations, and thanks for your kind words and support. They might make changes around here for the board and etc, but no amount of band-aids will cover up and or heal the wounds this board has had over many many years. They gave up a good moderator and person in general, to steer this ship into the right direction. I would like to see the board get better of course, and get back on it's feet, but I don't really see it happening though. A few elders suggested that I just forgot about this place, and to move on, because it's a joke. At least I had many valid reasons for my insubordination. I just don't have access to all of it now, cause it's behind closed doors, where all this stuff should have remained. Ah well...

12-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

1. spencerp has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Guess you lost that perk.

12-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Lmao. Sucks being reg user again... Time to clear out the damn PM box again haha. Edit: Should be cleared out enough now...

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >