Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1782 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

CMS for Front end Designer - What do you guys do ?

Thread title: CMS for Front end Designer - What do you guys do ?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Szandor is offline Szandor
Expertise:
Software:

Szandor is on a distinguished road

Old

I would also like to give a thumbs up to CMS Made Simple, it's a great system that is free, stable, easy for the client to work in and easy for designers to use. Once the system is installed (which is very simple), getting new templates running is as easy as regular designing - very little special code is needed, all you have to know is a bit of Smarty, but even if you're new to it the basics will be fairly obvious.

WordPress is a good system for blogging, but the template system is a hassle. I'd say the best option is to use blogging systems for blogging and CMS:s for content managing.

02-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Niklas is offline Niklas
Software:

Niklas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Niklas Send a message via MSN to Niklas

Old

Most of the time you can use most parts of a cms you have made earlier on as long as you contain the rights to the code. Most types of cms's like this won't require that many unique features, so reusing them might be a smart option.

02-17-2008, 02:33 AM
cmonz is offline cmonz
Software:

cmonz is on a distinguished road

Old

CMS Made Simple looks nice, and real easy to integrate into a design. But, I was wondering what the rules were on having "© Copyright 2004-2008 - CMS Made Simple" and "This site is powered by CMS Made Simple version 1.2.3" in the footer? Do I have to keep it there? I've never used a cms only done xhtml/css designs.

02-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Szandor is offline Szandor
Expertise:
Software:

Szandor is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by cmonz View Post
CMS Made Simple looks nice, and real easy to integrate into a design. But, I was wondering what the rules were on having "© Copyright 2004-2008 - CMS Made Simple" and "This site is powered by CMS Made Simple version 1.2.3" in the footer? Do I have to keep it there? I've never used a cms only done xhtml/css designs.
You can remove them if you want, there are no restrictions there. I like to keep them though, it's a small thanks to a great system.

There are some files you aren't allowed to modify under the license, but it's nothing that shows outward and I can't remember what files. Just look it up on the website, it's there somewhere.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2