Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2049 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

What's the deal

Thread title: What's the deal
Closed Thread    
11-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old  What's the deal

Okay, so I've been looking at a few 20" widescreen monitors, and their native resolutions say 1680 x 1050, however my laptop is only showing 1600x1200 available when I move the slider.

Is there a way I can get my VGA output to be compatible with the native resolution? or am I S.O.L?

11-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Isn't the resolution to do with the Graphics Card? (I might have this completely wrong)..

11-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Software:

Old

Well, I've been scouring the net for answers. As far as I know it's only to do with the driver. Perhaps someone savvy with monitors could shed some like... Jako? Ire?

11-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Jako is on a distinguished road

Old

Hm...I had a similar issue a few days ago, well kinda. I bought a 22.1 in monitor and hooked it up to my laptop with a DVI to VGA adaptor. Resolution wasn't the best, I don't think it was outputting to the native resolution as it should of due to me using VGA.

My laptop does have a DVI port so I just ended up using DVI entirely rather than the VGA adaptor. That ended up fixing the problem, but in your case you can't do this if you don't have a DVI out on your laptop.

I tried searching for some answers to help because I'm not 100% sure, it's going to depend on your graphics card and your native VGA card in your mother board.

Here's a work around I found online. Not sure if this will help, let me know.

I had the same problem with my HP LCD monitor, I discovered that the mother board VGA card did not support the maximum monitor resolution. However to find out if you VGA card does not support your monitor resolution, uninstal the VGA drivers and restart the PC. when it turns on back refuse to search for the drivers and go back to the settings of screen resolution.

Adjust until you get what you want. If you are satisfied with the result at this moment, then you will need to upgrade your current drivers of the VGA card. And since your computer is intel you will find the drivers at their website. Just enter the version of your motherboard, remember you might need to upgrade the chipset drivers too. So download all the motherboard neccesities.

11-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Software:

Old

Alrighty, thanks Jacko... I may be buying one tomorrow so if I get it and it works out I'll definitely post about it here.

11-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

dvi/vga doesn't matter resolution wise. I output the same res on all my screens from both, if they output different max resolutions it'd be a total crock of bird poo.

11-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Software:

Old

So when I connected my new monitor it actually did it all automatically, just had to insert the cd and it updated the driver so I could reach the native resolution.

Closed Thread