Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2112 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

Dell Trinitron Issues

Thread title: Dell Trinitron Issues
Closed Thread    
09-27-2007, 03:38 AM
NuPixel is offline NuPixel
Software:

NuPixel is on a distinguished road

Old  Dell Trinitron Issues

I have a dual monitor setup both of which are CRT's, yesterday I noticed my main CRT which is a dell trinitron (not sure the model number) flashed black for a second, I didn't think much of it, but then it did it again and this time it stayed blackish. I could still see the stuff on the monitor but it was all VERY dark and had a yellow hue to everything making it incredible hard to use. I turned off the PC and monitor and pressed the restart button on the monitor. It didn't change anything when I turned the computer back on, but then I pressed the button again and the color restored itself. Well earlier this evening, the same thing happened, but this time after pressing the restart button on the monitor and restarting my computer several times, it still hasn't seemed to fix itself. I'm pretty sure it's the one monitor because I am having no issues with the other monitor and have even plugged the 2nd monitor into the same output that the 1st one was plugged into, which cancels out a graphic card issue. I tried taking photos of the issue so you can sorta see what it looks like, they didn't come out very well but here they are:

Here are both monitors side by side, the left one is the one working fine, the right one is the messed up one: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4011/dscf0018xu4.jpg

And here is a closer one of the bad one, you can see horizontal lines in it:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1723/dscf0026ta4.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

09-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Matsta is offline Matsta
Expertise:
Software:

Matsta is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Matsta Send a message via MSN to Matsta

Old

Your monitor looks really old. It looks to me as though it's ended its life. Theres no point in fixing it. Just go buy a cheap LCD or something. CRT's only last about 6 years or so before they start to loose it...

Closed Thread