Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2114 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

G5 Mac Pro

Thread title: G5 Mac Pro
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
06-19-2007, 05:46 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Wooo now sounds like you took offense to what I said. No need for that man, I was just trying to describe how awesome they are. No need to start an argument, just chill. Alrighty, let me answer your questions.
  1. Didn't realize that, sorry.
  2. As I advance with my work, I continuously run out of desktop space. Whether it be with my online business, making music with Reason, or overall just trying to multi task. I know that with a 30 inch monitor, I wouldn't need to worry about that anymore.
  3. I presented an argument of Windows vs. PC. The PC that I configured is in no way 'all-out', however it is pretty nice. And realistically, I threw in the 30 inch monitor just to show that for the price of an above average Windows PC and a 30 inch monitor, I can only get the box of a Mac Pro. The Mac Pro will excel in some areas that the PC won't, and vise versa. You just need to figure out what your priorities are in order to decide on whether a PC or a Mac is right for you. In my case, the PC offered more pluses than the Mac.
Also, I'll probably just end up getting the 27 inch Dell or a 24 inch Gateway wide screen; they are basically the same (same native resolution) except the overall size and price are different. The 30 inch monitor may just be a dream, but you never know

One more note, I can afford everything I've talked about in this thread. Am I willing to pay that much? Nope, not really. I'm trying to limit myself to stuff that offers a good balance between price, performance, and future proofing. Sure, in the case of the monitor I might be going over kill, but right now I'm reading as much as I can to figure out what is right for my needs.

06-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Cory is offline Cory
Expertise: Fedex Marketing Director.
Software: Firefox.

Cory is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey James I wasn't trying to start an arguement. Listen what im saying is why get a one 30 when you can get 2 24 inches for the same price and get over 18 more inches of screen.

06-21-2007, 04:12 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Excellent point. However I'm not sure how I would like that 1 inch of black plastic in between my two screens. Does anybody have a dual monitor setup? And how do you cope with the black line in the middle of the two screens?

06-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Cory is offline Cory
Expertise: Fedex Marketing Director.
Software: Firefox.

Cory is on a distinguished road

Old

I do and it really doesn't both me. you would get use to it fast. once you go dual screen you wont want to go back.

06-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Matsta is offline Matsta
Expertise:
Software:

Matsta is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Matsta Send a message via MSN to Matsta

Old

Dual Screen is awesome, if your playing games on a 30" the resolution is going to be crap cause you cant play at that resolution anyway, but if you had 2 24" it would much better. For example you could play a game on 1 screen and use msn and surf on the other screen. The 30" are nice but i dont see a point in them

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2