Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1944 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Inspiration or Stealing?

Thread title: Inspiration or Stealing?
Closed Thread    
06-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Baby Boy is offline Baby Boy
Software:

Baby Boy is on a distinguished road

Old

Derek, even though I was the one who asked the question... in my opinion I don't believe its ripping off the design. If I designed the layout from scratch but created a different "feel" for it, I don't believe it could be considered ripping the template off.

The fact of the matter is that any website designer could say that it is hard to be creative in making a template, thats why I know lots of them instead look at templates and as Sulcalibur said, take bits and pieces off every template they look at and construct their own. If this was considered ripping off I would think that a major part of the template industry would fall apart in my opinion.

Either way, just my .02 cents... but I do appreciate your comments.

06-18-2007, 02:08 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Baby Boy View Post
Derek, even though I was the one who asked the question... in my opinion I don't believe its ripping off the design. If I designed the layout from scratch but created a different "feel" for it, I don't believe it could be considered ripping the template off.
it depends on the similarities. things can have the same feel and look totally different. if you look at something and it gives you a new idea, it's all gravy. in terms of a web site, there's a predefined set of expectations/standards so there's a much bigger grey area, but don't just go "i want my own one of those".

Closed Thread