Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1453 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

[portfolio] vectorthis.com

Thread title: [portfolio] vectorthis.com
Closed Thread    
05-26-2005, 08:29 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old  [portfolio] vectorthis.com

just finished this redesign of mine and was wondering what every one thought of it. the content is not done because i just finished construction and developing the front and back ends yesterday. i'm still working on it obviously.

[ vectorthis.com ]

05-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Looks very nice, except I don't think the nav suits the rest of the design?

05-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Landes is offline Landes
Expertise:
Software:

Landes is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Landes Send a message via MSN to Landes

Old

I wish I could vector like you.. hehe. I love the background image in the header! Simply unbelievibale! (sp?)

05-27-2005, 01:20 AM
zombielol. is offline zombielol.
Expertise:
Software:

zombielol. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to zombielol.

Old

you probably don't need project spotlight on every page, probably just home.

it looks good, the birds in the top stand out a bit.

05-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

My first impression is the lack of speed in loading, have a look at this information based on your site: http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s....com/index.php

Lighten the header, it's far too dark right now. I love the structure of it though, btw

Why have you used images of text surrounding that monitor? Use normal text, at least that way it's resizeable and accessible to more people.

I don't mean to burn you Derek, as I think you are a talented designer, but the way you have brought your composition together hasn't worked well in this case.

05-28-2005, 04:17 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

before reading the reviews, i dook the site a step down; there was just too much blue to look @ for long periods of time.
my primary focus is on visual impact, things like clubs and bands, rather then pure information access like organization directories or small IT businesses, and outside the home page, the rest of the page's bodies were too plain & ordinary in contrast to the menu/header.

this revision gives the design a more constant flow w/ content layout, but it still offers the same information. each page will generally follow the same information layout, but also combine the uinique attributes of each section. i'm doing it this way because i think it'll create a better visual connection between viewer and site; instead of being title followed by paragraphs of information i'm using visuals (related to the section of the website) to help present a connection between 4 paragraphs of words and what they'll be about.

if you look @ the company profile page, the visual will (hopefully) imply the page is about the company in general and it's formal information like background, goals etc rather than a quick (usually unhelpful) blurb like "we're a web design company, we make sites" or staff profiles which don't give off much ifno about the comany as a whole.

the copy still needs to be completely re-written and edited, so don't judge it too hard as i'm alreayd planning to change it.

[ *images are being updated* ]

@zombie: the feature / newsletter is to fill up the side bar when there aren't any sub menus to list down the side IE portfolio/services. i'm still wondering how much info i'll end up putting into the process section, if it's reall long, i'll break it inot sub links as well.

for those parts that have sub menus, i forgot to code them up, but they won't dispay the featured project, they'll have unique captions underneath them like testimonials or soemthing related to the current page.

@julian: i figured speed/time might be an issue, it was a gamble i took on how i arrranged those pages. i've coded the home page to this revised template and, thought it couldn't be entirely accurate yet since i haven't uploaded it yet, it tested much better, i spent a lot more time investing optimization.

though my emphasis still goes to visual presentation - the website itself is the first work example people will see, if it's bland and boring, and they're here because they want the graphic ability, if they don't see it right away they might not spend the time to look in my portfolio. this version is a lot user friendlier though.

keep 'em coming, i've been looking @ this template forever, even i'll overlook things, so point osmething out if you see it. +)

05-30-2005, 10:52 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I like the layout of the portfolio page derek, it's very nice and easy to read and that's what's important. It does load fast for me, so that's not an issue here.

I like the rollover you use on the small thumbs for the sites you've designed, makes it come to life. Great layout and thumbs up overall from me, it's a nice website.

Closed Thread