Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2438 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Need Some Input Guys

Thread title: Need Some Input Guys
Closed Thread    
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Kristien is offline Kristien
Expertise:
Software:

Kristien is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Kristien

Old  Need Some Input Guys

As some of you know, I play lacrosse. Theres 4 coaches, three of which I can deal with, but the other one, my biology teacher is a TOTAL jerk. I have severe asthma and every so often I need my inhaler, the other coaches seem to realize this and tell me "just get back into it after you do what you need to", but the other coach (begonia) seems to think that everyone can perform at the level the top 3 kids on the team do. I try and tough it out for as long as I can without it, but sometimes I just need it, I don't think I'm being ridiculous considering I only use it one or two times in an hour practice...

I was out last season due to my Achilles so I'm a little out of shape I admit, but still. My question is what do I do about begonia? I know some guys are hard, but I mean I can't just ignore my asthma (although I've tried just to shut him up) when I can barely breathe. Just wanted to see what some would do in my situation.

**For the second day of practice, do you think running from one side of the football field to the other, doing 10 pushups, and repeating that 16 times is a little extreme?

**I have tried talking to him about it, but hes a total jerk. He expects me to run every place even onto the play when everyone is sitting around doing nothing and even though I would like to, my body just doesnt let me.

Like I said, just looking for feedback and "what I would do" 's guys, thanks!

03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

talk to his boss (principal/dean?). Just say that he is preventing you from getting your medicine, which in turn could cause serious injury.

03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
officially poor is offline officially poor
Software:

officially poor is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
talk to his boss (principal/dean?). Just say that he is preventing you from getting your medicine, which in turn could cause serious injury.
if your school has an athletic trainer i would talk to them first, don't want to **** of the coach to much.

03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
luis_mx is offline luis_mx
Expertise:
Software:

luis_mx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to luis_mx

Old

I wasn't very athletic through my highschool years, but before that I was a bit so, I only did conditioning for soccer during my sophmore year and then I did cross country for my senior year. ( Full-time job afterschool sucks), But I was at a disadvantage because I have flat-feet which makes your feet hurt a ****load when running, and you get tired quite easily, and also I wasn't very in shape, I was 160 pounds and I'm not a very tall guy, I'm 5" 7', so everytime I got pushed I just worked it out, we were made to run 4-5 miles nonstop and I didn't quit, just keep going and going, even if you're not conditioned, I know this is a totally different thing from having asthma but I would say that you should do what YOU think it's best for YOU, not for the team, not for the coach, not for the school. YOU are playing the game, it's all up to YOU. I would say take care of your asthma when you need to, not when the coach tells you... and is he making all of you guys run the football field back and forth? I don't think it's much, it's very normal for him to make you guys run that much , my English teacher was the lacrosse coach xD.

03-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I have flat feet too , they dont ache as bad as they used to, but thats probably because I have steel inserts for the arch in my cleats/spikes

I push myself to the limit, than after practice I try and work on the things I'm bad at, but he has to realize that I'm not the picture perfect athlete (which I totally admit). He does things at a level that even a college coach said from duke when he visited us scouting that he doesn't even do. I mean we went to states last year, but its not like were professionals. I just personally don't get why he feels the need to be so controlling and anal about things.

But we have 3 football fields side by-side, he makes us run from the edge of the first one to the edge of the third one, do 10 push ups, and than back to t he other line to do 10, only we did this 16 times (over, 10 and back, 10 is one)+ 1 or two because one or two kids didn't hold their sticks "directly above their shoulders"
Originally Posted by luis_mx View Post
I wasn't very athletic through my highschool years, but before that I was a bit so, I only did conditioning for soccer during my sophmore year and then I did cross country for my senior year. ( Full-time job afterschool sucks), But I was at a disadvantage because I have flat-feet which makes your feet hurt a ****load when running, and you get tired quite easily, and also I wasn't very in shape, I was 160 pounds and I'm not a very tall guy, I'm 5" 7', so everytime I got pushed I just worked it out, we were made to run 4-5 miles nonstop and I didn't quit, just keep going and going, even if you're not conditioned, I know this is a totally different thing from having asthma but I would say that you should do what YOU think it's best for YOU, not for the team, not for the coach, not for the school. YOU are playing the game, it's all up to YOU. I would say take care of your asthma when you need to, not when the coach tells you... and is he making all of you guys run the football field back and forth? I don't think it's much, it's very normal for him to make you guys run that much , my English teacher was the lacrosse coach xD.

03-28-2007, 12:58 AM
luis_mx is offline luis_mx
Expertise:
Software:

luis_mx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to luis_mx

Old

Yeah, we might be different, everytime they would push me, I would try even harder, even if I almost couldn't, I just couldn't accept defeat(which meant stopping to rest during the 5ks) so I never stopped, since I started, even though I had rarely even ran 1 mile, but in the end, it's what the person doing the task the one who should decide whether to stop or to keep on going, but I don't have asthma so I couldn't really know if it's extremely complicated to keep on going, it's your call .

03-28-2007, 05:53 AM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

Yes, just put the lawsuit fear on him. Say that if you don't take it because he is advising/pressuring you not to, and it causes injury to you, that you will be planning to take action against him.

Haha, or go to his superior so that way you don't get cut

03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
SolarFlare is offline SolarFlare
Software:

SolarFlare is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SolarFlare

Old

I think you should get your medicine regardless and if he doesn't like it tell him to complain to a higher power. Let's see where that gets him.

03-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Good ideas guys, I'm going to talk to the athletic trainer as well as the principal about it. I have him for study hall and I walk in his class than I remember I need to go pickup a form from Guidence. As I'm leaving he asks me where I'm going and I tell him and he goess off saying how I have an attitude and all this and how I had one on the field. All I said was "I need to go back down to guidence" not saarcastically, in a messed up tone or nothing.

I guess some people just love being as*holes. Again, thanks for your input guys, it really helped

Closed Thread