Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1840 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

[Debate] Do you think God exists?

Thread title: [Debate] Do you think God exists?
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
04-12-2005, 08:40 AM
developer_x is offline developer_x
Expertise:
Software:

developer_x is on a distinguished road

Old

opserty! not every thing can be proved. If you are suffering from a headache, how would you prove that to me? It is just that you 'feel' u r having a headache. That's it. There are things which can be felt...not proved easily.
We are all designers n developers here. Can anyone say that a single icon got created automatically? NO. Ok...now don't say who created God. He is there since ever. Can anyone say that a single button is created without any reason? Every icon n a button at a webpage has a purpose. We are all created due to some reason. We are sent here. And the reason y we are send here is there in holy books.
We are send here to obey God, love our fellow beings, do good deeds so that eventually we can be sent to Heavens forever.
Best of luck to u all.

04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
nykoelle is offline nykoelle
Expertise:
Software:

nykoelle is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to nykoelle

Old

Baptism has nothing to do with your religion anymore. Everyone in my family including me is baptised, and none of us are practicing Catholics. Most babies in america are baptised when they're born, so yea, it really has no meaning anymore, unless it happened when you were old enough to descide.

And you can prove a headache with the right medical tests, I think its something with muscle contractions or chemicals or something.

All the other htings you cited you can prove that they were created. Reason? They have a use. It's not that compicated. God however, the only thing that proves there's a god in Christianity is a collection of stories, some fact, mostly fiction, that say so. The bible is full of stories and parables and tales to explain something, where people separate the fact from the fiction is beyond me. It all seems like it was a story book to begin with and people took it far too seriously.

I don't know about you, but the reason I'm here isn't because some 'holy' nook says so. My parent had sex, here I am.

04-12-2005, 03:27 PM
BlaineSch is offline BlaineSch
Expertise: Web Applications
Software: Notepad++

BlaineSch is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BlaineSch Send a message via MSN to BlaineSch Send a message via Yahoo to BlaineSch Send a message via Skype™ to BlaineSch

Old

Actually the reasons headaches are headaches have not been proven. Most reasons are just theories. But, you are correct just being babtised has nothing to do with being a Christian.

04-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

Well 1 question to get me into primary school was am I baptized if not I couldn't attend until I had a late one. Had to do a communion to.

04-12-2005, 04:35 PM
jamesyfx is offline jamesyfx
Expertise: Design
Software: TextEdit

jamesyfx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jamesyfx

Old

I was never baptized, although I went to Methodist Church when I was a little guy.

Me, and my family, all agreed to call it quits and do what we want on Sundays instead.

04-12-2005, 05:44 PM
earlybird7500 is offline earlybird7500
Expertise:
Software:

earlybird7500 is on a distinguished road

Old

Good question but I hardly think this is the place for discussing it. I'm a believer but it's important to go to the right place for the answer to a question of such eternal consequences. I do not want to disappoint you but if you're serious you s/b able to find the answer at an Alpha group. There's lots of them around- almost any town or city will have them.

04-12-2005, 10:36 PM
He|ios is offline He|ios
Expertise:
Software:

He|ios is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, I don't think that we can say that god exists or not, it more like a believing something that exists inside the people who beleive in it. Personnaly I'm not a beleiver.

04-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Neil Peters is offline Neil Peters
Expertise:
Software:

Neil Peters is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Neil Peters Send a message via MSN to Neil Peters

Old

God doesnt exist, if he did then why would we have floods, earthquakes, etc etc?

04-13-2005, 08:19 PM
nykoelle is offline nykoelle
Expertise:
Software:

nykoelle is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to nykoelle

Old

Originally Posted by Neil Peters
God doesnt exist, if he did then why would we have floods, earthquakes, etc etc?
he's a creator, not a controller nor mother nature.

04-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Jonny is offline Jonny
Expertise:
Software:

Jonny is on a distinguished road

Old

Then w(hy)tf did he create then? And it is said (in the bible probably) that we were created in the same image as god, so that probably means that he doesn't like death and stuff as much as we do. So why does he let it continue? And if he doesn't have the same feelings then thats pretty sucky, as he probably would have a strict view on what was right or wrong. (for example: killing someone to protect your family would be murder = hell)

And don't tell me he hasn't seen it because he is omniscient. (sp?)

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >