Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1876 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

Anyone Suggestions on How to Make Java Script Load Faster

Thread title: Anyone Suggestions on How to Make Java Script Load Faster
Closed Thread    
07-22-2006, 01:23 AM
genuine is offline genuine
Software:

genuine is on a distinguished road

Old  Anyone Suggestions on How to Make Java Script Load Faster

Hi everyone, my first post.
I have been looking around and cannot find a decent solution to getting a page full of java link banners to load quickly.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks!

07-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Jonny is offline Jonny
Expertise:
Software:

Jonny is on a distinguished road

Old

Java link banners?

07-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Software:

Old

Yes!

07-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Software:

Old

Yes there affiliate banners,the whole page is full of them.
Its a MySQL database driven site, but I found that if I just add the javascript to the description section in the admin area when Im adding more links, that it works out fine instead of customizing the database to accept javascript rather the regular text links.
The banners come up fine, then I define a description using words after the java link by using a simple<BR>, and where it ask's for the title I just add <blank> tag so nothing appears but the banner and the description.
But after I added about 20-25 javascript 120x60 banners to it,it was taking quite long to load the index page.
Is there a tag or element I can add to the html in the header or somewhere that will make java links load faster?
Thanks again!

07-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Couldn't you have put that in one post?

Also, I don't know if you can, but correct me if I am wrong on this, but you can use PHP and MySQL besides Javascript? I am confused on why JS is invovled.

07-22-2006, 02:35 AM
Software:

Old

Yes sorry I could have added it in one post but wanted to add to it and didn't see a way to after I posted it.
But anyway, the site is setup for just php/MySQL, but the affiliate company im dealing with is switching all there links eventually to all java.
So I started to experiment with the JS in my admin area of the site, so I found that instead of having the database customized to accept only JS I tried just adding the JS link to the description section where you add links to the site through the admin area.
Well i noticed that I can add the banner JS to the description box,the use a <BR> after it to add the actual description in regular wording,and it worked out fine.
Like i mentioned, it asks for a title for the link, there I just put in <blank> tag, so nothing appears there now, where normally that would be the clickable part of the link with a banner that I would have to upload through the browse button.
So now I don't even add a banner image ,it shows up automactically with the JS link I add.
This sounds confusing,sorry, but this is what im dealing with when i want to add a new link to my site.
It goes;
Title
Category
Description
URL
then the browse button to upload the banner image that i would have had to download to my PC then upload.
So i bypassed the title link with the <blank> tag, added the JS to the description box with a short description of the company, took the http:// section from the JS link and used it in the URL section, and then disregard the image upload w/Browse.
It works out fine, now visitors can click directly on the banner ads, but with that process i just described, all that java is slowing the page loading to up to 15-30 seconds.
Hope you understood all that...lol.
Just wanted to know if there was a tag or element i could add to the header section or index.php section that would speed up the java script loading the page faster..
Thanks,Sorry for the confusion.

07-22-2006, 03:20 AM
MaxS is offline MaxS
Expertise:
Software:

MaxS is on a distinguished road

Old

You do know that Javascript and Java are two completely different and unrelated languages?

Closed Thread