Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1901 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

General Non-Internet Explorer Problems

Thread title: General Non-Internet Explorer Problems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old  General Non-Internet Explorer Problems

Haven't been on here in ages! But I was thinking to myself, why the bloody hell does this table not understand I want it to be said height in either Firefox or Opera? And then bam! I thought somebody here is bound to know! I had the same kind of problems when I began making it and testing it in Internet Explorer actually, but I have a nice Developer Toolbar for that and it tells me what things are doing. The Firefox one suffice to say is subpar, and I cannot work out what the devil it is doing to my code.

The page I am thinking of is this: http://beta.dotomega.com/profile. Pretty much everything works, pretty much everything is cross browser too, took a lot of time and a lot of excess tables because Opera doesn't like anything without tables in it for some reason... and organising anything like that with Divs is impossible for any browser other than Internet Explorer. The problem is though, if you're in Firefox, quite obvious. If you're in Internet Explorer of course, it looks perfect, and you would be hard pushed to work out what I was moaning about :P

It is the scrollbar area in the sidebar. I can't really even say what is not working, I cannot work it out! I just know it is something inside there.

Normally with some time and moaning and a reasonable amount of effort I can crack these Firefox bugs. This one however messes me up completely. I need something to anchor the scrollbar itself too. I need something to hide the scrolling content in. There's just... well I have no idea. I'd like at least a reason why it does not work, I can always try and rewrite it completely if somebody says its impossible, but a reason would be nice very nice indeed.

Thanks in advance for your help!