Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,473
There are 1800 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

How much?

Thread title: How much?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
03-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Legendary is offline Legendary
Software:

Legendary is on a distinguished road

Old  How much?

Hey guys, I have a guy who wanted to put a static banner on my site. I don't really know how much to charge. My sites get a minimun of 300+ uniques a day, and has been increase very fast. It used to be 80+ a day like 2 months ago. How much should I charge if its on top, and its static?

03-02-2005, 07:54 PM
seen.to is offline seen.to
Expertise:
Software:

seen.to is on a distinguished road

Old

As much as you can get away with

03-02-2005, 11:50 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I would say (based on current rates) $25/month.

03-20-2005, 09:30 AM
MacemanDerek is offline MacemanDerek
Software:

MacemanDerek is on a distinguished road

Old

If it is static like you said and if it is in a primary spot of all pages of your site then it should be more then $25/mo. I wouldn't sell static banners to anyone if I were you, as people will see that same banner 50 times a day if they use your site. Having 6 rotating banners at the top of your site each sold at $20/mo is what I would do.

03-21-2005, 03:48 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

To be fair, the website only recieves 300 uniques/day which isn't alot of traffic. If you start selling advertising using a rotator on a site that small then every advertiser is going to feel the effects and won't come back next month.

It's fine selling it as a static (which is your intention) and I feel $25 is a base price to aim for, depending on your actual audience you could probably push that up abit. 300 unique visitors isn't alot though, chances are just a few of them will click the banner everyday, now imagine having 6 rotating? The actual audience will be sliced into 6 and this means bad results and a poor advertising service.

03-21-2005, 05:58 AM
Software:

Old

Looking at the prices of talkfreelance.com's advertising... 1,000 unique visitors, 6 rotating banners, 6 rotating skyscrapers, plus 20 static text links. 20 links each at $10 is $200, 6 banners each at $50 is $300, and 6 skyscrapers at $150 is $900. $200+$300+$900=$1400 for 1000 unique daily. Then going back to geometry with ratios....

If 1000 unique daily, then price of $1400.
If 300 unique daily, then price of $420.

1 Banner at $25 a month is alot less then $420.

03-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Correct, however it's actually quite hard to obtain advertisers every month. The site in question doesn't have strong traffic and i'm guessing it's not a community (like this one) so there won't be many returning visitors.

I personally wouldn't be interested advertising on a shared rotator with 5 other banners for $35/month with that traffic. Talkfreelance has a significant amount more, we are close to 2,000/day now. Also, we only charge $35/month for the top banners and $75/month for the skyscrapers now

If I could get more money out of this website then believe me I would! Last month I managed to sell all the spots (header) whilst the month before when I was selling by the impression, I only shifted 10,000 impressions worth alot less.

Impressions work best on very large websites where companies will advertise and will pay anything! Sitepoint/webhostingtalk etc. On a small scale site like talkfreelance I strongly believe monthly rotating banners are best, on an even smaller scale site like we're discussing a static banner is probably the ideal solution, at least until traffic picks up!

03-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Software:

Old

I still think that static banners arn't good to have. Even if you were to sell 3 rotating banners each at $10 a piece it would still be more income then one at $25.

03-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I understand that, however i'm looking at it from a advertiser perspective. People simply won't be interested in purchasing space on a site that recieves 300 uniques/day if they have to share it as well. If a site does use a rotator and does advertise 3 different websites then those campaigns will suffer and chances are the advertiser won't return the month after.

03-21-2005, 03:11 PM
itaca is offline itaca
Expertise:
Software:

itaca is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to itaca Send a message via MSN to itaca

Old

Well its all about which kind of site it is, 300 uniques aren't to many form an advertisers point of view. I think statics is the way to go.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >