Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1911 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

layouts.tv - not all MySpace resource sites are the same!

Thread title: layouts.tv - not all MySpace resource sites are the same!
Closed Thread    
05-22-2006, 08:29 PM
chimaera is offline chimaera
Software:

chimaera is on a distinguished road

Old  layouts.tv - not all MySpace resource sites are the same!

URL: www.layouts.tv

Description
It's a MySpace site! And it isn't the same as everyone else's! Yay!

I started this site around April 20th, so it's been online for just over a month. The site is a (fairly) heavily modified template from oswd.org - before people start on about it being a rip etc.

It uses CSS and is therefore very easy to update or change the look. In fact, I created a second CSS file for use on pages like this.

It's very SE friendly, from the URLs to the page content (made sure there was quite a bit of space for text which can be nicely indexed).

I was originally going to stick to mainly layouts, and make sure that they were unique to this site. All layouts are unique, but there needs to be more added (I got bored making them ...). It also includes quite a few graphics, all nicely categorised and numbered 001, 002 etc. This makes updating any pages very easy. Finally there is a codes section (image tweaks and mods pages need updating but are there to be indexed). I haven't got around to adding any generators, cursors or a train - but a layout generator would be perfect (I was going to buy the killerkiwi rip until I realised it wasn't legit).

Overall, if someone adds a load more high quality layouts and other content, I think it has great potential. It's also very easy to copy an existing page to add content, and each section has its own menu for easy navigation.

Oh yeah, and personally I think the URL is awesome - very easy to remember and no C&D letters in the post ... OVT for 'layouts' is 1m+

Traffic

As you can see, steady traffic and almost all from either people coming across the logo on MySpace (code places a couple of clickable logos on the users profile), or through Google. And that's the best part, because look how many hits come directly from Google. Not from bulletins (I've sent maybe 5 total to a 3k account) or from tricking users to post bulletins. Of course if you did that too, you'd increase traffic considerably.

Referrers:
I blurred the account that I use (just for privacy reasons), but it's just a 3k account.

Keywords (421 different phrases):

My URL tag has been "Unique MySpace Layouts", and it's #3 in Google for that. However you can see that being #5 for "Sexy MySpace Layouts" brings in most traffic.

Keyword positions - number one for "sexiest myspace"!!! heh

Site has 4 indexed pages currently - again if you look in the "Manage your site" section of Sitepoint you'll see that this in itself is no mean feat for a new site.

You can see that it gets regular visits from the robots - the sitemap probably helps (lsitemap.xml).

Revenue
It's earned $7 in the month it has been online, but has been rising steadily. I have been trying to get to the bottom of the low CPC I get, but from what I read elsewhere (agian on Sitepoint) it's been a common problem this month.

I won't even bother speculating about what affect YPN would have (oh wait, I just did ... )

Page Rank
Obviously being new, the site doesn't have a PR. However, it has some good quality links and from Google Sitemaps appears to be expecting a reasonable PR at the next update.

Reason for selling
Going on holiday in a few weeks and would like some spending money - I really was hoping to keep this site and make it grow and grow, but alas, cash is more important sometimes!

Starting bid: $500
BIN: $1,200
Auction?: Yes
End date: Friday, May 28th 9pm GMT.

I realise that it's not the usual 10x revenue model or whatever, but I think it's worth at least the starting bid. If I don't sell for this price, I'll keep the site (have to have a cheaper holiday!). Oh, and I will sell for any bid above the starting price - ie no hidden reserve ...

Payment via Paypal only please.

Current bid:$510 (SP)

05-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Software:

Old

Site is now sold at BIN, pending escrow payment. Thanks.

05-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Bjorgvin is offline Bjorgvin
Expertise:
Software:

Bjorgvin is on a distinguished road

Old

Congrats chim, one of the nicest myspace sites I seen so far. Have a nice vacation

05-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Software:

Old

Haha thanks B!

05-29-2006, 02:38 AM
reese is offline reese
Software:

reese is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to reese

Old