Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1927 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

My New Blog Design

Thread title: My New Blog Design
Closed Thread    
09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
TheLaw is offline TheLaw
Software:

TheLaw is on a distinguished road

Old  My New Blog Design

Hello TFL readers.
Last night i announced the new design of my SEO Optimization blog.

The new design has a more fresh look and is by 300% more pleasant to read posts at than the previous design. I have also expanded the sidebar and made it a bit wider to accommodate some affiliate buttons that keep the blog alive (it might sound sort of copy-cat of problogger or johnchow, but thats not the case, it did needed those space since those are the main resource that keep the blog alive and apart that are useful resources for the readers too, they are strictly matching the niche of the blog).

One error i am aware about is that the very left side of the layout where the date of the post and the social bookmark links are placed in FireFox sometimes they get wild and flow all over the layout, but with a new refresh everything comes to its place.

What i would like to know is if this same error appears to you too and what browser you are using. Also would appreciate if you can report new errors that I am not aware.

Compliments are appreciated but would rather concentrate on errors and eliminating them.

Thank you in advance.

09-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

"SEO Optimization"

Wouldn't that mean, Search Engine Optimization Optimization? ;p

09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old

Yes it would gary lol

http://www.jjamesdavid.com/misc/dnseocoding.png

The coding looks horrible in Firefox Version 2 on Windows Media Centre edition, on Widescreen Laptop. May want to look at that specially since a lot of your target audience use Firefox.

Design wise its okay, i'm not a fan of the green or the design but its not horrible.

09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
TheLaw is offline TheLaw
Software:

TheLaw is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Indy View Post
"SEO Optimization"

Wouldn't that mean, Search Engine Optimization Optimization? ;p
Yup indeed, things are weird in this world, it would make more sense as SE OPtimization but since thats not a competitive word (but makes sense) who wants it? :P

Originally Posted by james.david View Post
Yes it would gary lol

http://www.jjamesdavid.com/misc/dnseocoding.png

The coding looks horrible in Firefox Version 2 on Windows Media Centre edition, on Widescreen Laptop. May want to look at that specially since a lot of your target audience use Firefox.

Design wise its okay, i'm not a fan of the green or the design but its not horrible.
Bingo, thats exactly what i was talking about. Thats exactly what i do get as well. Tho, if you hit the refresh button everything will get in its place. I firstly thought that was MY error but apparently every single FireFox users gets that error, i will need to look into it deeper.

Update: The error in FireFox has been fixed. Can anyone confirm that or you are still getting the same error ?

Closed Thread