Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2028 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

What do you do when business slows down?

Thread title: What do you do when business slows down?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
05-31-2005, 09:42 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  What do you do when business slows down?

What do you guys do when business slows down?

Do you continue to advertise your services in the hope of getting a few deals, work on new designs/scripts/sites etc to pass the time or learn new skills while you're waiting for the next client to come along?

Sometimes no matter how hard we try business just doesn't want to pick up. One thing I always do when business slows down for me is stay focused, stay focused on the goals and ambitions we all have. Never give up, even if you think that you're never going to see the light at the end

Business is very slow for me at the moment and that's the reason for this thread, looking for ideas in which to spark more interest on the forum, but I understand that it's probably due to a difficult time of year for the majority of our memebers. Feel free to share ideas on what to do when things aren't going your way!

05-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

In the web design industry I'm very reliant on my previous clients for a return business opportunity, and viral marketing. However when this dies down and nothing is lurking about for me to grab at, I run promotions with new pricing schemes, and learn new skills.

In the last drought I had I purchased SoThink DHTML Menu Creator and begin using this to enhance my web pages, I also started toying with flash design.

It's a great opportunity to ensure that you never go slow again

05-31-2005, 10:16 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

When things slow down for me I usually do what Anthony did, start toying with new things. If things are slow I just go and learn something else. To help the forum I like how you post a bunch of interesting threads to spark conversation and I think it does well. I also like the contests and I think having them can work quite well, adding new features and continuously making changes will keep people coming back.

05-31-2005, 11:16 AM
FiveInteractive is offline FiveInteractive
Expertise:
Software:

FiveInteractive is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FiveInteractive Send a message via MSN to FiveInteractive

Old

I continue to advertise myself, stay optimistic, and gather new business plans. Never giving up is key,and improving your business skills in your particular field always helps.

TalkFreelance is doing just fine, it may be a little slow at the moment but you have to remember this is a very busy part of the year, alot of people are doing exams and whatnot.

05-31-2005, 11:27 AM
itaca is offline itaca
Expertise:
Software:

itaca is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to itaca Send a message via MSN to itaca

Old

I usually start up other things when business go down. Business is slow right now for me so I'm doing some translation work and some freelance writing. I always try to learn new things about webdesign and grafic design. I still go to the grafic design school so if I'm too bored I can always do my homework :P I always stay optimistic cause I have alot of years to improve and get the business back.

I would strongly advise you to try something new if you can find the time. Maybe you find that you are really good at it

06-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Go on a surfing trip

06-01-2005, 06:54 PM
BurninDragon08 is offline BurninDragon08
Expertise:
Software:

BurninDragon08 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BurninDragon08 Send a message via MSN to BurninDragon08 Send a message via Yahoo to BurninDragon08

Old

You hire new staff. People that are willing to be dedicated. Get some jobs and make some money! ;-)

06-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
Go on a surfing trip
I am serious about this too, sometimes we need to take time out. Especially so, if you are designing/marketing/promoting for extended periods of time.

06-02-2005, 09:13 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah, very true Julian! I'm on a short break as we speak but have to check the forums now and then

As for hiring more staff, if business isn't going well I certainly wouldn't start paying anymore overheads.

06-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Lewis Malpas is offline Lewis Malpas
Expertise:
Software:

Lewis Malpas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lewis Malpas

Old

Im sure a few people on the forum would be more than willing to be an admin/mod for free, I would be.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >