Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1964 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

Social network for sale // custom design // great investment!!

Thread title: Social network for sale // custom design // great investment!!
Closed Thread    
05-18-2008, 09:39 PM
ibizstartups is offline ibizstartups
Software:

ibizstartups is on a distinguished road

Old  Social network for sale // custom design // great investment!!

After some heavy consideration, I've decided to sell a site that I'm very proud of. www.uberfriends.net is a very clean and professional looking social networking utility that fits nicely in between facebook and myspace.

I've spent countless hours in the layout, customization, and have outlined a marketing roadmap that would essentially guarantee both sign-ups and a sustainable, realistic monthly revenue from advertising. I will be happy to share my ideas and planned marketing methods to the new owner, upon purchase.

Answers to likely questions:

What software script is this using?
The site is currently using socialengine.net's script, which is extremely stable, easy to use, and feature packed. It is by far the most professional and versatile social engine software available today. Not only does SE offer outstanding support should you ever need it, they also consistently release new versions of the software on a consistent basis. For detailed information about SE, please visit their site. http://www.socialengine.net

So why are you selling?

I simply want to focus 100% of my time on my web design business. Don't get me wrong, I love this site. Half of me doesn’t really want to sell it. However, I'd much rather see it in the hands of someone who can spend some time marketing it. I'm excited to watch it grow!

Is the site currently monetized or earning any revenue?
Nope. I've spent countless hours with developing the site, but virtually zero in marketing or monetizing it. There are no ads currently on the site. However, I've designed the layout in such a way that it will encourage users to click on any ads, should you insert them. There's very little doubt that this site will earn a nice monthly income if properly marketed. The owner should be able to earn a decent monthly profit by inserting their ad network(s) of choice.

How many members does the site currently have?
Roughly 90 members. Again, the site has not been marketed. That being said, the members who have joined thus far have had nothing but very positive feedback. In fact, they love it.

How many are active?
I'd estimate roughly 65% are very active, with a handful (10-15) that log in every day.

Are there any "fake" accounts"
Nope.

How much are you looking to sell this for?

I'm asking only $1200, which includes everything. (Software license, plug-ins, custom layout, my marketing advice, and support for 15 days after the sale.)

I could probably sell this site for a bit more, but I simply don't have the time. I feel that my asking price is extremely fair and below is a break down that further justifies this.

Software license cost: $300

Additional plug-in cost: $160

Custom design & integration cost: $400

The domain itself, traffic, a few active members, my support, and the fact that everything is ready to go: $350

Will you assist with transferring everything over to my hosting account/server?
Absolutely. Not only will I make sure that everything is fully transferred over to you, I will also make sure that the site is fully functional & error free.

Why can’t I view any members?
It’s currently set to private, which increases the sign-up ratio. So you’ll need to join in order to browse members and view any features.

Why is Tom Green featured on the front page?
I've been in contact with the famous comedian, and he's aware of the site. We're currently featuring him on the homepage, and he's supposed to be joining sometime in the near future. Tom has a HUGE internet following. This is a small piece of a larger marketing strategy that I’ve created, and will share the rest with the new owner.

Excellent! What type of payment arrangement will you accept?

I will only agree to use escrow.com. This ensures protection for both me and the buyer. I will agree to split the transaction fees. If you’ve never used escrow, no worries. It’s a very easy, painless and smooth process.

Finally, I ask that you please follow the forum rules and only post if you're a serious buyer. If you have specific questions, feel free to send me pm. I'll answer all questions as promptly as I can. I can also provide my phone number if necessary.

Thank you for your time!

05-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Software:

Old

Update: I've received a few offers that are much lower than my asking price. As I mentioned, I feel that the asking price is very fair. That being said, I've decided to go ahead and lower the price to $1000. This is fantastic opportunity at a price that many would consider a steal. If you're interested feel free to send me a pm. However, I will not go any lower. Thanks!

05-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Software:

Old

Update: I've decided to not sell this site. Mods, please close. thanks!

Closed Thread