Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2051 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

phpBB fourm problems

Thread title: phpBB fourm problems
Closed Thread    
12-08-2005, 11:14 PM
chrisjs162216 is offline chrisjs162216
Software:

chrisjs162216 is on a distinguished road

Old  phpBB fourm problems

I was trying to make another phpBB forum to test something, but kept getting errors when it would install. After trying a few more times, I stopped, and tryed to restart the browser and try again. When I logged into cPanel, it said there was one database instead of 4. It turns out 3 out of 4 of the databases I had got corrupted somehow. I decided to FTP in and get the folder for the database, and was going to create a new database and then rewrite the files with the old ones to try and save the posts. Since that didn't work, is there any way of restoring the database along with the posts?

12-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Joe is offline Joe
Software:

Joe is on a distinguished road

Old

That would be up to your host. They should make daily backups of your data. If they do then...

Click on Backups on your cPanel home page menu. Then, the second section should say something along the lines of "Download a MySQL Database Backup". Just click on the database name below that corrosponds to the corrupted database(s) and you should be able to download them. Then, on the right, click on "Browse" under "Download a MySQL Database Backup" and select the downloaded database. Then upload it. It should automatically update the corrupted databases with the backuped ones.

Hope that helps .

12-09-2005, 07:45 PM
GTAce is offline GTAce
Software:

GTAce is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to GTAce Send a message via AIM to GTAce Send a message via MSN to GTAce

Old

The MySQL backup feature in cPanel does not download a backup that your host has made previously, it downloads a backup of your current database. So downloading and then uploading via the backup feature in cPanel wont get you anywhere. What you will be doing is downloading the corrupted database and then putting it right back where it was.

Closed Thread