Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1810 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Marketplace suggestion...

Thread title: Marketplace suggestion...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
12-15-2009, 04:50 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old  Marketplace suggestion...

Just a few suggestions here (as was mentioned in staff forums before basically);

1.) Merge the following together under "Digital Goods", instead of "Other Digital Goods":
Advertising and Traffic, Licensing, Other Digital Goods

There isn't much under Advertising anyway, licensing is "digital" anyway as well. Would probably be better to compile those under ONE forum, rather then all separate. Not just to save room, but, will help keep things cleaner and in one place. Not much going on in those forums any how.

2.) Merge the following under "SEO / Writing/ Copyright / Other"

Instead of sub forums "Search Engine Optimization, Writing, Editing, Copyrighting, Other Services"

Just compile those into one group called "SEO / Writing/ Copyright / Other", and leave others alone.

3.) Change "Premium Designs, Templates, Skins" to "Designs, Templates, Skins". Compile the Budget and Premium together. Most post crappy budget designs into the Premium section anyway. Just keep them all under "Designs, Templates, Skins". Done. Everyone can just post whatever they want in there, not have anything moved.

4.) Change "Budget Domain Names" to "Domain Names". Compile the Budget and Premium together. Either way, most check both regardless, would be easier to have them both compiled. Not many really care regardles if they're budget or premium domains anyway. Done.

That's just a few suggestions so far, for here. However, everyone might disagree, or love it, hard to say. But that's just what I think... Love it or hate it, don't really care. Just throwing out some suggestions.

12-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Sam Asante is offline Sam Asante
Software:

Sam Asante is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Asante

Old

I strongly agree with 3 & 4.

12-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I'd only let approved members list things.

It'll cut down on the junk and improve quality.

i.e. a new member signs up and posts something in the marketplace, it gets sent to a que for some mod to decide if its worthy or not, if it is then fine, if not direct the mofo to digitalpoint. xD

Quantity shouldn't matter in this marketplace.

12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I'd only let approved members list things.

It'll cut down on the junk and improve quality.

i.e. a new member signs up and posts something in the marketplace, it gets sent to a que for some mod to decide if its worthy or not, if it is then fine, if not direct the mofo to digitalpoint. xD

Quantity shouldn't matter in this marketplace.
That has been considered, but it was decided that it would cut too much traffic out. Furthermore we don't have the manpower to do this. At the current time this is not a possible solution.

Spencer, we've went though merges in the marketplace at least a dozen times.... The changes are irreversible so we want the new owner to make this decision.

12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Emphasis on want.

12-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Emphasis on want.
What do you mean by that?

12-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Guess my point wasn't particularly clear; my bad. I just simply meant that the staff would be happy to rearrange the forum structure, keeping content fresh and easing browsing for our visitors. We will be suggesting the change to the new owner in the hopes he or she will agree with our reasoning.

This has been discussed between us already in some depth (Spencer knows this so I've no idea why he repeated himself in public) with the decision to hold off on irreversible changes like those suggested in this thread.

12-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
We will be suggesting the change to the new owner in the hopes he or she will agree with our reasoning.

This has been discussed between us already in some depth (Spencer knows this so I've no idea why he repeated himself in public) with the decision to hold off on irreversible changes like those suggested in this thread.
Reason for the repeating of myself in public; was, because right up before the demotion, I was pushing for changes anyway, despite the new owner coming around. And I think VG agreed, and a few others (not sure about this, can't remember exactly)...

Because everyone was holding off on changes until it was sold, then even after Zee put it up for auction, the auction even went on hold because of Nick (Vizon). Which meant even longer for changes to be made. I basically said, that it could be months or longer down the road, until a new owner could actually take over the board anyway.

And that a new owner (if they really really wanted to), could change anything that's already been put into place any how. My as well push forward with changes regardless of who (when they'll own) owns the board. Community has been waiting long enough already for changes, and relying on the changes to be made when a new owner takes over is just pushing everything onto the back burner for even longer.

I know though, it might not actually be that long until a new owner takes it, compared to the how many years everyone's been waiting already... Just to me, I think changes could / should be made regardless of who the possible future owner is...

12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

On topic, yet not regarding with what's written above... Is anyone even moderating the Marketplace anymore? Sure seems like alot of "rule breaking" has been going on there, especially since my demotion ... (Even before demotion, no one really handled that Template / Design section too much really...) I know there's a report button there, but come on... There's plenty of staff here, scanning the board, they should "see" these things without having to be hand-held to the issues or what-not.

12-22-2009, 11:00 PM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

yes spencer there is alot of rule breaking, i have used the report buttom many time with no staff intervention.

Keep hearing the excuse to wait for the new owner, what about the current owner. He currently owns the damn place....and cant make a decision.....LOL pathetic excuses if you ask me. I dont think the staff has even put any changes to his attention.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >