Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1142 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

zShare360.com - Largest in Niche - 200,000 Uniques Monthly - 900,000 Pageviews Monthl

Thread title: zShare360.com - Largest in Niche - 200,000 Uniques Monthly - 900,000 Pageviews Monthl
05-25-2009, 06:28 PM
mpcovcd is offline mpcovcd
Software:

mpcovcd is on a distinguished road

Old  zShare360.com - Largest in Niche - 200,000 Uniques Monthly - 900,000 Pageviews Monthl

PLEASE PLACE ALL BIDS AT SITEPOINT: http://marketplace.sitepoint.com/auctions/67642

The site up for sale today is a zshare search engine; for those of you who are not familiar with zshare it’s a free file hosting website, that lets you store documents, videos, music etc. The domain was registered early this year and the site launched soon afterwards. The site from the front end is basic, the user searches, the user gets the results, and the user is taken to the file page. Since its launch zshare360 has been doing just that and nothing has been changed on the site since then.

TRAFFIC DETAILS

The site was launched late Feb of this year, and the ball started to roll during March and it completely took off during April when I purchased it from an earlier auction. The stats are tracked with webalizer and you can see the attached screen shot proof’s above.

If you visit www.zshare360.com/on.php you can see up to the second stats on the number of people online and how many video’s are being watched. Some videos are very popular which is the reason why it sometimes shows 500 online but only 200 video streams.

In March the site received a total of 82,700 unique visitors, in April we received a total of 191,900 uniques (mainly due to some partnerships I pursued – completely free and lifetime because of the technology utilized on our site which we will get to later!) and so far for the month of May we have 195,500 uniques. Were on the path for easily breaking 200K uniques this month since were averaging 7300 uniques per day.

Page View Break Down:
Mar: 759,039
Apr: 1,211,618
May (as of 24th): 696,435 - and based on averages we will be hitting around 900K

REVENUE DETAILS

The main purpose from the site wasn’t to make money; it was actually part of another project that because of the success of this site never got off the ground. But either way I have tried my hand at monetizing the site as much as my lazy self could. The sites current traffic is horribly monetized for what it’s worth.

Currently the video player we are running is based off JWPlayer which mandates that we use them if we want to run any in-video ads. With them were making about $8/day BUT that is with their non-premium ads which get horrible eCPM’s. I applied for premium ads and we were approved to use ScanScout ads which pay out $1/CPM or more but the problem is most of our video streams are embedded onto other sites and the way the video player / the site is set up is that ScanScout isn’t getting any info for the sites that are embedded elsewhere. So in essence were only showing ads to 1/10th of the streams.

So if the new owner changed the video player, threw on ScanScout then they would really be making good money considering that there are more than 300 people online given any second of the day (at min, I see the number at more than 700 online every day)

I also have one adsense block set up which brings in $1/day.

I would be glad to give tips on how to monetize the website to the new owner once we are in escrow.

TECHNOLOGOY

We take the meaning, “Every visit makes us better” to new heights. Every time a visitor searches for music, video, document on our website we do a background process search for files with the said keywords and then we add them automatically to the results based upon population, quality of refers, and users.

The site sports its own in-house mirroring technology which backs up files onto external servers. We also store file data temp so that if 1000 people are viewing the same file on zshare360 then it doesn’t send 1000 requests for the video to zshare only about 10-20. We have also taken steps to make the site more secure for instance we have a Embed Player Algorithm so that no one can stream our feeds without using our player.

On the search side the entire algorithm is 100% unique and hand coded. Things like auto recognizing dead files and removing them from search results is what keeps us ahead of the pack. The site also checks to see if zShares servers are slow, and if they are then the site tells the user upfront that it’s slow.

This is just some of the things we have taken into account, and there’s way more features then I can get into for this auction description. The technology used on this site is why others use our video player for their visitors and the main reason why this site is growing at an astonishing pace.

The site currently runs on a $150/mo server from SoftLayer, since we don't host anything ourselves space is not an issue you really only need to worry about bandwidth. During high times you will notice that the site loads slowly you will need a decent server to house this website. I can provide 100% transfer assistance to the new owner free of charge.

WHY IM SELLING

This site is on 100% auto pilot, and the only reason I will sell a site from my personal portfolio is to buy another site. I HATE letting go a site that gets so much traffic with no maintenance (who wouldn’t) but I need to free up capital for a big purchase that’s ahead for me.

PRICE AND BIDDING

There is a reserve but I know the current state of the economy so it’s VERY reasonably placed. I don’t have a BIN in mind but if a good offer comes in I am willing to consider it and I will add that BIN to the auction listing. Mostly all of my listings sell on the first or second day so bidders that communicate well and I feel that the site will go leaps and bounds with I tend to sell to.

Any bidder that bids without PM’ing me I will NOT take seriously and will most likely end up rejecting the bid – my sites tend to go for $5K to $10K and if someone is going to bid in that range without prior communication it’s hard to take them seriously.

QUESTIONS

If you have a question DO NOT post in this thread the best way to direct it would be via PM. I’m more likely to see your message quickly if you PM me (since it emails me). If any bidder would like to talk about the site in person I live in Delaware, USA which is about 1 hour from any major airport. PM me and we can arrange things.