Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2398 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Seperate job board.

Thread title: Seperate job board.
Closed Thread    
04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Morgan is offline Morgan
Expertise:
Software:

Morgan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Morgan Send a message via MSN to Morgan Send a message via Yahoo to Morgan

Old  Seperate job board.

I realize that users are able to post job specific requirements via the Marketplace, but I believe it would be more effective to have a seperate entity.

For such a job board, a user could post his/her resume, recieve help with formatting, gain knowledge of different career paths, post specific job descriptions/requirements, and keep easier track on future connections.

Yeah, the Marketplace does something similar already, but it's un-organized, in all honesty.

04-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Haris is offline Haris
Software:

Haris is on a distinguished road

Old

We're way too slow when it comes to development. Let Big Zee atleast add some more staff to smoothen the moderation.

04-22-2008, 02:07 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

I've had that idea in my head for some time, and an idea Villiage Idiot told me about also he had would make them booth work smoothly together. I've written a bit of a plan up for something like this and have told Zee a little about it but I'm still waiting to hear back.

04-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Morgan is offline Morgan
Expertise:
Software:

Morgan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Morgan Send a message via MSN to Morgan Send a message via Yahoo to Morgan

Old

If it comes to fruition, and you need any assistance in terms of it, feel free to contact me.

I do it Full-Time currently.

04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

Sounds a bit, overkill, to me.

04-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Old

Originally Posted by -Gary View Post
Sounds a bit, overkill, to me.
It's what this place needs. Unlike the other competitor forums theres nothing that makes this place unique, it's just a forum, and even that it's not something spectacular if you look it from that point of view. Adding a job board, or freelancer profiles where we can see who is available for hire, integrating iTrader so we know others experiences with freelancers on here then this board will be well on its way to gaining the respect it once had.

Just my opinion, but as always, my opinion isn't always favoured but adding freelancer profiles and some sort of job board would give this place a huge lift.

04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Haris is offline Haris
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jamie Barton View Post
It's what this place needs. Unlike the other competitor forums theres nothing that makes this place unique, it's just a forum, and even that it's not something spectacular if you look it from that point of view. Adding a job board, or freelancer profiles where we can see who is available for hire, integrating iTrader so we know others experiences with freelancers on here then this board will be well on its way to gaining the respect it once had.

Just my opinion, but as always, my opinion isn't always favoured but adding freelancer profiles and some sort of job board would give this place a huge lift.
Hmm, I agree that this place is less unique compared to different forums (freelancing and development) but still I don't like the idea of freelancing profile lists because yes, it'd be overkill, harder to manage and less comfortable for new users, I think we can just add a custom "Freelancing Status" field to the postbit, the user will be able to disable/enable/edit and their status. Separating the job board from the forum could be done but instead of adding a completely new system, just hide the marketplace forum from the forum view. If someone needs to visit the marketplace, they can RTFM and click on the "Marketplace" button on the left.

My only opinion (and I think valuable opinion) would be to reduce inactive categories and forums.

04-22-2008, 03:27 PM

Old

Originally Posted by Haris View Post
Hmm, I agree that this place is less unique compared to different forums (freelancing and development) but still I don't like the idea of freelancing profile lists because yes, it'd be overkill, harder to manage and less comfortable for new users, I think we can just add a custom "Freelancing Status" field to the postbit, the user will be able to disable/enable/edit and their status. Separating the job board from the forum could be done but instead of adding a completely new system, just hide the marketplace forum from the forum view. If someone needs to visit the marketplace, they can RTFM and click on the "Marketplace" button on the left.

My only opinion (and I think valuable opinion) would be to reduce inactive categories and forums.

Still not very unique though having a status in our post info box, but meh...what can we define as unique these days that hasn't been done a hundred times before.

Anyways, I'll try and see if Zee can look at all the suggestions lately and get a comment back on them for you.

04-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Haris is offline Haris
Software:

Old

Jamie,

If he needs help, I can look it out for him for no price.

04-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Wildcard is offline Wildcard
Expertise:
Software:

Wildcard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Wildcard

Old

I think TFL needs some plastic surgery and now a good 50% of the new register's are for the marketplace (hence the 1000 threads titled "why can't i post??!") so adding a separate jobs board or something along those lines could only benefit this place. I also think it would give others a chance to participate in discussions other than the usual marketplace back-and-fourth. TFL has alot of potential...but I just don't see it being utilized to the fullest.

Thats only my 2 cents, but if anything is needed on the design part, I'd be more than happy to contribute

Closed Thread