Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2353 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Watch Anime Online!

Thread title: Watch Anime Online!
Closed Thread    
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  Watch Anime Online!

I've noticed a small craze recently, these type of sites are popping up left right and center! Mostly the "Watch Naruto Online" ones. Was wondering if anyone runs this type of site successfully? I'm gathering some ideas for one of my own and would love to get some tips.

Firstly, are they even legal? I heard about someone getting sent to prison for displaying episodes of the 24 on their website, what is the difference between that and this anime stuff? Yes, I know the actual videos are hosted from websites such as youtube but it's still like directly linking to .mp3 files.

Would love to hear from someone who runs one of these watch so-and-so sites remotely successful. :-)

07-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

It's becoming over saturated. If you are getting into it but you don't like anime, then do it fast. I like anime and I keep most of my sites.

07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Worthyposts is offline Worthyposts
Software:

Worthyposts is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm pretty sure its legal. There are many sites that do it, mostly run by kids. I find most of these sites are either very laggy, or spammed by ads and so forth or the links just do not work anymore. If you're going to run one, you should at least have constant management over the site, checking over every single link now and then, and update frequently. You could have ads of course, but I find them pretty much annoying, especially when you're trying to watch a show and there's a YOU WON A FREE GIFT! flashing in the background.

07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
sketchie is offline sketchie
Software:

sketchie is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Worthyposts View Post
I'm pretty sure its legal. There are many sites that do it, mostly run by kids. I find most of these sites are either very laggy, or spammed by ads and so forth or the links just do not work anymore. If you're going to run one, you should at least have constant management over the site, checking over every single link now and then, and update frequently. You could have ads of course, but I find them pretty much annoying, especially when you're trying to watch a show and there's a YOU WON A FREE GIFT! flashing in the background.
No it isn't.

If the videos are hosted on a random video sharing website and you link/embed them in your website, then you're probably alright.

However if it's hosted on your own server then it's your responsability to deal with if you get caught. If it's on a host, if the host finds out they will most likely delete it or tell you to.

I have to agree with Duality with the abudnance of anime site's around. It's a shame because there are a few anime show's I'd love to make sites for myself.

07-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

Originally Posted by sketchie View Post
No it isn't.

If the videos are hosted on a random video sharing website and you link/embed them in your website, then you're probably alright.

However if it's hosted on your own server then it's your responsability to deal with if you get caught. If it's on a host, if the host finds out they will most likely delete it or tell you to.

I have to agree with Duality with the abudnance of anime site's around. It's a shame because there are a few anime show's I'd love to make sites for myself.
It's a great type of site to make but it's going to be like proxies, where everyone owns them. Soon, anime is just going to become a crapshack full of sites.

Nothing you can do about it though, I'm just thinking on other types of sites.

07-23-2007, 03:08 PM
BUrgy is offline BUrgy
Expertise:
Software:

BUrgy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BUrgy Send a message via MSN to BUrgy

Old

I'm pretty sure if you don't actually host the video's from your website and you put a disclaimer on that you are not responsible for any and/or all the videos on your website then it would be ok. Not 100% sure though.

07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Shanks is offline Shanks
Software:

Shanks is on a distinguished road

Old

The internet thrives on borderline legal activities, so just go for it.

07-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Stalyn is offline Stalyn
Software:

Stalyn is on a distinguished road

Old

Am doing ok...

Closed Thread