View Single Post
12-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

This has been brought up a few times before and the staff have actually looked at many ways in which to help improve and continue the growth of our Market Place.

First of all let me start by saying a lot of you make some very good points. Although some points aren't related to the original topic it does all tie in together.

That is however sort of the point. Personally I believe to raise the bar in terms of prices in the Market Place we need to first raise the level of professionalism and just improve the Market Place in general.

We have been looking at ways of doing this and I'm not going to go into too much depth on whats been discussed or on my own personal views but before we can start to drastically improve things in the Market Place we need to wait for the upgrade and new hacks.

Once this is here we will have iTrader which will make using the Market Place a lot better for buyers and will encourage freelancers to improve their professionalism and quality of service in order to reflect the use of the system.

Someone also mentioned thread bumping, the new version of vBulletin will allow us to sort threads by creation date rather than last post date - this will eliminate all thread bumping.

There is not a lot we can actively do about peoples grammar and how they present themselves in posts. However, I do believe we should look at ways in which we can help people overcome this. After all the whole point of this forum is to help freelancers and that's in EVERY aspect.

I know these seem like relatively small and simple steps and I know I haven't given answers to everything brought up but things need to be done carefully and they need to be done one step at a time. By doing little things to improve the quality of the Market Place in general (which we can all see a benefit from) we can then look at ways to target specific areas and further improve the Market Place for buyers and sellers a like.

Thats just my general view on the whole Market Place situation. The only thing holding back the development at this moment in the time is the upgrades and there is not much we can do about that at this time other than to just wait for that take place