View Single Post
03-25-2008, 05:50 PM
GM-EGS is offline GM-EGS
Expertise:
Software:

GM-EGS is on a distinguished road

Old

Wow! Great entries [as usual] so far! Keep them coming!

I will be trying to give some constructive feedback to as many as you as I possibly can so that you guys will all have an equal-shot as becoming this contest's winner, so bear with me!

mikka23: Your entry was simple, WAY too simple! That doesn't look like a logo, but looks like some text with a drop-shadow and stroke effect next to a Mario image!
kail: I like your entry and your originality, but your hand-drawn ghost is just a bit too freaky for my tastes! Haha, keep the entries coming though.
Audigex: Your entry is really original, and I like it, but it just doesn't blend in/match my current header. It just wouldn't fit in.
xaralee: Your entry so far is one of my favorite in this contest! Good job, you really made the logo stick out by having Mario step out, which is exactly the effect that I want it to have on people! The fonts, though, are a bit weak...try browsing www.dafont.com for alternative font solutions?
Rybo: I love your entry, but, there's just something about it that makes it way too plain. Perhaps its the constant black-and-white color scheme going on, or maybe even the font used. I do like the pink in it though. Your entry is definitely one of the most original submitted yet though, and I like that.
TributeK: Another superb entry from you, good job! I totally like your entry, but I don't feel that the 3D Zelda/Link image is appropriate, perhaps a 2D one would be better? Also, is it low-quality on purpose? I really like your entry, it can be higher-quality though.
Seolust: I like your entry very much, but the font could definitely be changed to something better, something that stands out. Maybe even have the text "Game" one color and "Lized" another? I like your approach though, and the simplicity in it, and the joystick image. I also like how you have the slogan on top of the site name, which makes your entry unique as nobody else has done it so far.

Here are some fonts that I previewed with DaFont.com that I think may look good in the logo:
The choice of fonts is up to you. Be unique, be original, be creative.
I also do like the font TributeK used in his entry, though I do not know the name of the font.

Good luck to everyone! You guys are really talented; keep those entries coming!

This contest ends in TWO days time.