View Single Post
05-31-2005, 11:16 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

xdoomx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xdoomx Send a message via MSN to xdoomx

Old

Robson's $10 offer motivated me to write the article right now, here's how it looks so far:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

CONTACT: Dominic Benoit, SleekSkins, 819-372-0653, contact@sleekskins.com, http://www.sleekskins.com

TalkFreelance community members disappointed with low quality articles

Trois-Rivieres, QC, Canada, May 31st 2005 — Members of the freelance web design community TalkFreelance have expressed their disappointment with the recently published articles on W3CR. They have noticed an important decrease in the quality of the articles recently published on the popular web news resource, W3CR.

“I'm sick to my stomach at one particular website right now, http://www.w3reports.com used to offer press releases that actually meant something, were informative and offered something to communities. It seems as though people are just jumping on the bandwagon now promoting their own sites for free and w3reports are letting it happen” announced today the owner of the TalkFreelance community.

Let’s mention that the articles published on W3CR’s website are posted on numerous communities throughout the World Wide Web via RSS feeds. What once used to be a great resource for high quality web news has now turned into a real press-release spam dump by publishing numerous rubbish articles. “It’s quite sad to see this happen considering how good the news used to be on their website, I myself publish them using RSS feeds on my own forum” said Dominic Benoit, owner of WebDesignersHome.com.

TalkFreelance gathers hundreds of web design freelancers who are active in their way in the internet industry. The recent decrease of quality was received as an insult by many individuals who proudly support the W3C by publishing their articles using RSS feeds on their forums, it is now time to return the favor by giving the community what they deserve, high quality news and articles.

# # #
If it doesn't get published, hopefully it will at least make them realize it's time for some harder moderation on articles to be published.