View Single Post
10-18-2006, 11:47 PM
JohnnyLi is offline JohnnyLi
Software:

JohnnyLi is on a distinguished road

Old

It seems pretty nice Here are some problems (in my experience)

1) I type in something, Twerq It, and after the results show up, I close the Twerq tab (NOT the close all tabs button, that feature works fine). I close my browser's (Firefox's) tag, and then I create a new Firefox tab, reentered the URL for Twerq (http://twerq.com) and the "cars" Twerq tab was still there. In my opinion, if someone closes their Twerq tab before they leave the site, I guess they wouldn't want it to pop back up the next time they visit.

2) Speed is still slow, and overall, the site seems kinda clunky for a search engine. If I was going to search something quickly, I wouldn't come to this site. If I needed to search multiple things and would spend a fair amount of time doing so, then I would. Maybe you could make a "lite" version of Twerq?

3) This may be nitpicking or just a personal preference, but when the site loads up, I don't really want to reach up to the top of the page and click. Not sure if I'm just lazy or just too used to Google :P

Otherwise, I really have no problems about it. It could still look a little nicer visually, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal, as the current look isn't bad.

I am liking the project overall though. I like how you are trying to integrate some different features into a search engine.

Hope my comments helped Good luck with the site.