View Single Post
03-21-2005, 03:41 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I totally disagree with your statement Jon. As an advertiser and publisher myself I have been burnt many times when it comes to buying advertising on websites. Buying by the impressions isn't cost effective, how many times do you honestly see a banner before you click it? Probably a few hundred, if ever. If you're selling advertising by the impression chances are the advertisers will have a very bad campaign and won't return for anymore business next month.

Selling by the month ensures the advertiser gets value for money. They can still be guaranteed impressions (people advertising here are guaranteed impressions based on the previous months traffic). Not only does selling by the month increase the chances of a succesful campaign it also stops you from worrying about finding new advertisers every week, you're guranteed advertisers for the entire month.

I don't like paying $50 for 10,000 impressions, high traffic sites rinse my campaigns in a few days and you can't help but wonder....are we really getting real traffic? I've heard some horror stories in the past! Website owners buying traffic to their sites in order to shift campaigns faster and make their sites look more popular than they actually are.