Thread: Template Portal
View Single Post
01-30-2005, 12:30 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

The script looks to have been thought through with great attention to detail, however i see some serious downfalls with your business plan.

Aside from the technical specifications, have you actually thought through the idea from a business point of view. The initial start up cost for this is going to be immense, what sort of advertising plans do you have? If you are looking to breath down template monsters neck you're going to need a substantial advertising budget well into the $x,xxx's each month.

Probably the most important factor of them all, do you have any designers? Is anyone interested in working for you? And what sort of commision will they recieve?

I don't want this to come across negative, that's not my purpose but i'm just being realistic. You need to do your homework first, the script may sound really impressive but that isn't the hard part, that hard part is trying to take a slice of the market (and over saturated one at that).

I can only see you taking $10-20 per sale (based on the current trend in template sales) which means realisticly you're going to need to sell a hundred minimum a month to keep afloat.

Just my advise. Take it or leave it, i think it's a big risk and a very costly one if it doesn't work out.