View Single Post
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by ChrisGwynne View Post
I think it's extremely unethical you have used TalkFreelance's database to boost and power your new forum. This is not how a new forum should be built. It'd have been better to have emailed members asking them to sign up there.

You have also broken users privacy and trust as they're now defacto registered on your new site, with their personal forum information from here on there also. I don't believe you have asked any member whether you can transport their details and use them on your new website. Whilst yes, you own the rights to the TalkFreelance database, and it's content, nowhere have you stated that you'll use said data in any other way other than for TalkFreelance.
I can understand certain concerns on this, and appreciate you thoughts, I can honestly say there is nothing malicious about this. At the moment and until the TF is sold, they are one and the same company, and its a common practice for a site etc to branch out into different product areas and URL's and maintain the same user info - the main beinifit being that users still have their information without having to re-enter it all over again. If people do want to use the SSS forum then they will also maintain their itrader post counts etc which I think they will appreciate. For those not interested in the forum, then I will handle this with care and sensitivity and effectively screen them out of the database.

Due to my reasons for buying and holding onto TF originally, this was really the only solution I would be prepared to do to sell TF. Rather than being trapped in this cycle this allows me to get something similar to what I originally bought TF for, and for an new TF manager to come in and dedicate themselves to TF and improve it to the status which I am sure you have all been wanting.