03-12-2005, 04:42 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by n0vi
Please Explain fully
I'm not getting paid for anything at the moment?
you don't but the teacher does. html is a very very simple thing to learn and teach - being self taught is a little challenge for someone with absolutely no coding experience, but if someone who knows what they're doing treis to teach you, it's about 9 times easier.

my college is trying to teach my class html and it's painful to sit through it because it's soo poorly taught - they're just being damn lazy. they tried teaching tables - something that maybe took me a week to get down when i taught myself about 5 years ago - and of course no one realy understood what he had said, and in about 20 minutes i explained to them what took me 2 weeks; because i knew how it worked so i was able to explain it in a way specific to them that they'd really understand. it was said in Road Trip and it's been true to this point - "i can teach japanese to a monkey in 52 hours they key is just finding a way to relate".

you're teacher could easily explain detailed html to you and you could easily understand what's going on, but it's much easier to just say "use dreamweaver and figure it out on your own". she'll get paid either way. it's exactly what my prof is doing and it pisses me right off.

Originally Posted by lord katharn
t isn't a great Graphical Coder, certainly not as good as Frontpage, its better than Dreamweaver I suppose but that's not saying much.
i know you're a mircosoft boy, but seriously, FrontPage is @ the very bottom of wysiwyg editors. it might be a tie with geocities page builder, but i haven't seen geocities in a while, maybe they got better,