View Single Post
02-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Travis is offline Travis
Software:

Travis is on a distinguished road

Old

I also use EditPlus 2. It's basically an enhanced text editor. As Kiswa said all the code is coloured and it also shows the line numbers down the side. It's a really good tool for any web development type stuff, though I wouldn't recommend it for other programming.

I think frontpage is a pretty terrible WYSIWYG in my opinion. There really is nothing I like about the program or the way in which you construct webpages with it. I don't remember a whole lot about it but I just remember the create web and shared borders and all of the options you have in the WYSIWYG editor that I just didn't like. Using it to code as a plain text editor maybe ok but I would still suggest something cheaper and better like EditPlus 2 for that.

I used to be quite against using dreamweaver up until I did some work experience at a local web programming firm. They made me learn dreamweaver because they said it was much faster and easier to make small adjustments to the code then code it all. I found it a good and was considering purchasing it after that but I never did. Perhaps one day I might. It would be interesting to here how good dreamweaver is for xhtml and css tableless layouts. The main reason I haven't actually went out and got dreamweaver is it hasn't had great support for this but I havent used it for a long time and I am sure that has improved. I would have to say Dreamweaver is the best WYSIWYG editor and the only WYSIWYG editor I would use.

That being said I don't like working with php in dreamweaver so I think I will stick to EditPlus 2.