02-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Originally Posted by kiswa
See, that's the problem.... Why are teachers of Webdesign classes in actual schools telling their students to use Dreamweaver and Frontpage and crap like that (I had a class in college that involved Frontpage, I refused to use it)? When someone is learning on their own, I cuold understand using programs like that to help with getting familiar with the tags and whatnot. But someone who is in a class, and theoretically has decent instruction should be learning how to make sites with Notepad (or a similar text editor).

I learned how to make websites by going to websites and clicking on View > Source. Then I tried doing what they did and figuring out why things worked certain ways. I learned so much more by doing that than I ever could have by using WYSIWYG editors.
The thing is, its not a webdesign class.
IT's the I.C.T GCSE over here in Britian in my school in Wales... so webdesign is a little part of it and well most, well actually all of the people in my school probably apart from me and another 1, but im like 90% sure its just me has had any experiance with webdesigning or coding etc. so no one know's nothing of it. My teacher know's that ive had experiance with it so she said i should use dreamweaver instead of being limited in frontpage.

Also, when i first ever started with websites i learnt HTML which is a distant memory now but everything i did back then i made in notepad and the book i had was excellent at explaining things and i could make simple websites with background colours, patterns, text and pictures, then i moved onto photoshop and it went from there

Originally Posted by derek.l
yeah, why do extra work when you can get paid the same for not bothering?
Please Explain fully
I'm not getting paid for anything at the moment?