08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
thatjamie is offline thatjamie
Expertise: Ruby, Rails, jQuery
Software: Chocolat, Sublime Text 3

thatjamie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to thatjamie

Old

Originally Posted by cpr View Post
Your idea is flawed. Research, critique etc can get you to a certain level but a persons natural ability, creativeness, type and colour understanding and a whole host of other factors is what sets the barrier between a good designer and an excellent designer.

I wouldn't have a problem with a skin like that, I wouldn't call it exceptional, I'm pretty sure Artashes wouldn't either, however looking at Emblematiq's recent work I'm fairly sure he could create something to meet peoples expectations.

I'm not implying from any of my comments that the people suggested are bad designers, many are good but in the end it comes down to the fact that there are better designers available. If Artashes is willing to spend the money on one of these surely people should be happy considering that they'll benefit from a better product in the end?

I'll just end up repeating what I've already stated so I'll keep it short - I'm not saying the people here aren't worthy, it's the simple fact that in my opinion better designers are available. By the way I'm a designer myself.

No there aren't. For example, checkout www.31three.com (one of the people I suggested), if you still honestly think any of the people listed here can match that level you seriously need to wake up and be realistic.
Totally agree with what you just said.